Health Professions Student Loan

Started by Sprinkles
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sprinkles

Want to be a Pharmacist!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I was wondering...If you have applied or used the Health Profession Student Loan to pay for pharmacy school. If so, is it credit based or do you need to have a credit worth signer? Or is it a federal like the (e.g. Stafford Loan) where your credit score is not an issue? I want to apply to pharmacy school but am looking at all aspects to make sure it something I can afford on my own. I am independent and do not have parentals or anyone comfortable I would ask to co-sign a loan... Pathetic... I know! I hate talking money!

Any info would be great! THANKS! 🙂
 
Anybody out there planning to apply for this loan? The interest rate is lower (5%) than the Stafford rate (6.8% I believe) I know you do have to disclose your parents income on your FAFSA to apply for the HPSL, so I assume there is some sort of cutoff for it.. anybody know anything???
 
  • I have no credit score (not 100% certain), but I do have a good credit history
  • I get mine through my school by filling out my FAFSA with my parents' information
  • I have to sign an MPN online every year for the amount I accept to borrow for the loan
  • I think my school decides how much I can borrow, but I think I can borrow a bit more if there are enough funds
  • I did not need anyone to co-sign

Your experience with the health professions loan may be different.