PhD/PsyD Health psychology internship sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClinPsych2017

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I know that the Rehab psych and Neuropsych divisions have lists of recommended internship training sites that offer good training in their respective specialties. I've yet to find anything for health psychology. Is anyone aware of such a resource?

Members don't see this ad.

A small, incomplete list can be found on CCHPTP's web site: http://www.cchptp.org/

Academic medical centers and VAs are generally good places to look for health psychology internships. If you have specific interests such as primary care, bariatrics, cardiology, etc., it might be useful to post to the Society of Behavioral Medicine or APA Division 38 listserves to get specific recommendations.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I know that the Rehab psych and Neuropsych divisions have lists of recommended internship training sites that offer good training in their respective specialties. I've yet to find anything for health psychology. Is anyone aware of such a resource?

Get on the APA div 38 list serve!!. They send out announcements all the time. It's a super active group of health psychs. Email the list serve and say you are looking for a health psych internship. I'm confident you'll get Leads that way. Private Messege me and I'll forward you tons from my own stored "health psych internships /post docs opportunities file" I'm been saving away as I read the division threads.

Reactions: 1 user