Health Sciences Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

betsimons11

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I have been looking around the forums for a while now but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so I figured I would post.

I am currently taking my second semester of Health Sciences Anatomy (Anatomy of Human Movement) and didn't realize until after I registered for the second class that I would need to take the Biology Department A&P I and II for Physical Therapy school. My major is Athletic Training which requires one of the two departmental anatomy and physiology's (either Health Sciences or Biology). I guess what I'm asking is why don't PT schools accept Health Sciences anatomy and physiology's along with BIOL A&P's? Is it really THAT different?

I have looked around the websites of schools that I plan on applying to and saw that GRU/MCG/whatever you want to call it accepts BYU's Health Sciences department A&P's... why not go ahead and accept them all?
 
I think it has to do with the structure/point of view/focus of the course. For the bio A&P, you usually work with cadavers and get into detailed names and physiological processes. Whats the difference in your school's descriptions and curriculum for the health science/bio A&P? I would try to contact admissions coordinators of the schools you are looking at and ask for a substitution if the courses are similar. If not, you should really take the bio department A&P.
 
most schools dont care where you take the pre-reqs..but some do..I would call and make sure with each school specifically