Healthcare Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ylime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good websites about current healthcare issues? I tried doing an internet search for it and I didn't really come up with anything. I'm trying to prepare for healthcare questions in case they come up in interviews, and seeing as how I never have time for much TV I'm not really up to date on any current healthcare issues.

Thanks for your help!
Emily

Ok apparently I should have searched on here first. I just found some sites from other threads! But if anyone has any additional feel free to post them.

Members don't see this ad.

Ylime said:
Does anyone know of any good websites about current healthcare issues? I tried doing an internet search for it and I didn't really come up with anything. I'm trying to prepare for healthcare questions in case they come up in interviews, and seeing as how I never have time for much TV I'm not really up to date on any current healthcare issues.

Thanks for your help!
Emily

Ok apparently I should have searched on here first. I just found some sites from other threads! But if anyone has any additional feel free to post them.

http://healthpolitics.com/

This is the big one I think most people use.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're in college right now, you might be able to access medical journals through your library (in paper or online). Harvard has this great system called "E-Resources" which allows students, faculty, and affiliates to access hundreds of journals in various fields (besides medicine) through a university license, and I'm pretty sure many other universities have a similar or comparable system.

Personally (not to show too much bias, hopefully), I enjoy reading NEJM (the New England Journal of Medicine), the JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association), the Lancet, Nature (which has dozens of subjournals now), and Science.

And if you just want a quicker, free, student-oriented site, I'd definitely recommend NextGenMD.org :) (but I'm biased)

~ Lester