healthcare overview links?

Started by rugirlie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rugirlie

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude, I've been searching SDN like crazy and I can't find any threads with links to a good site which gives an overview of the US healthcare system... help please?!
 
I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.
 
KiKat37 said:
I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.

There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bump...


Anyone got any good websites/books giving a good summary of the healthcare crisis/healthcare in general that's more of a casual read than Healthcare USA?
 
There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.

I searched and found this, which may be helpful if you don't mind reading online: http://books.google.com/books?id=wP_KCRf6UjIC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Looks like a good read, I'll skim through it if I ever find any time. Did you find that it was biased politically at all or mostly fact based?