rugirlie

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2003
jersey
Visit site
Status
Dude, I've been searching SDN like crazy and I can't find any threads with links to a good site which gives an overview of the US healthcare system... help please?!

KiKat37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status
  1. Medical Student
KiKat37 said:
I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.

There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.

About the Ads

chipaev

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Bump...

Anyone got any good websites/books giving a good summary of the healthcare crisis/healthcare in general that's more of a casual read than Healthcare USA?

Alvarez13

PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER
May 29, 2007
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Bump...

Anyone got any good websites/books giving a good summary of the healthcare crisis/healthcare in general that's more of a casual read than Healthcare USA?
I'd be interested in some books...

Kinocilium

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2009
Minneapolis
Status
There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.

I searched and found this, which may be helpful if you don't mind reading online: http://books.google.com/books?id=wP_KCRf6UjIC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Looks like a good read, I'll skim through it if I ever find any time. Did you find that it was biased politically at all or mostly fact based?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads