healthcare overview links?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rugirlie

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dude, I've been searching SDN like crazy and I can't find any threads with links to a good site which gives an overview of the US healthcare system... help please?!

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.

KiKat37 said:
I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.

There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump...

Anyone got any good websites/books giving a good summary of the healthcare crisis/healthcare in general that's more of a casual read than Healthcare USA?

Bump...

Anyone got any good websites/books giving a good summary of the healthcare crisis/healthcare in general that's more of a casual read than Healthcare USA?
I'd be interested in some books...

There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.

I searched and found this, which may be helpful if you don't mind reading online: http://books.google.com/books?id=wP_KCRf6UjIC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Looks like a good read, I'll skim through it if I ever find any time. Did you find that it was biased politically at all or mostly fact based?