KiKat37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status
Medical Student
KiKat37 said:
I have the same problem and I was told to look at the KFF, too. I did, but I must say that I didn't find it very helpful. Anyone has other suggestions? Thanx.
There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.

chipaev

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Bump...

Anyone got any good websites/books giving a good summary of the healthcare crisis/healthcare in general that's more of a casual read than Healthcare USA?

Alvarez13

PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Bump...

Anyone got any good websites/books giving a good summary of the healthcare crisis/healthcare in general that's more of a casual read than Healthcare USA?
I'd be interested in some books...

Kinocilium

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2009
Minneapolis
Status
There's a book titled Health Care USA by young. It outlines the whole US system and compiles what took 3 months to gather from kff, SDN, etc. It's an expensive book ($50 and up for the 4th ed.) but I'm sure you can find a used one or an older edition for less. Overall a great read. Good luck.
I searched and found this, which may be helpful if you don't mind reading online: http://books.google.com/books?id=wP_KCRf6UjIC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Looks like a good read, I'll skim through it if I ever find any time. Did you find that it was biased politically at all or mostly fact based?