Healthcare reform

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SVDPT_91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the current proposed policies and how will they affect both patients and providers?

Also, what trends if any have you noticed over the past few years in the area you practice or go to school?

I have noticed in my area that the providers who have an established career have made a move towards cash pay and concierge medicine. (Both PT and MD)

Members don't see this ad.

What are your thoughts on the current proposed policies and how will they affect both patients and providers?

Also, what trends if any have you noticed over the past few years in the area you practice or go to school?

I have noticed in my area that the providers who have an established career have made a move towards cash pay and concierge medicine. (Both PT and MD)

That or moving towards large healthcare organizations. ACA is getting repealed. Will most likely be competition among insurances.

Health Care ebbs and flows. This is not going to change. This is a low salary field that offers high valued cost saving services. We are not going away but the low salary is not going to change.

Health Care ebbs and flows. This is not going to change. This is a low salary field that offers high valued cost saving services. We are not going away but the low salary is not going to change.

What's your idea of a low salary? If someone makes a low salary then the market has determined that the services they provide are of low value.

New grads have good job security, benefits, low stress, good hours, and above average pay. And the owners of well run clinics make a lot. The sky is the limit.

We should advocate for our profession (or future profession for some) to ensure we can care for our patients and families. If we believe that physical therapy is highly valued and saves costs then we need to make the case and sell ourselves. This is the time to make things happens.

Reactions: 1 user