Heard from MSUCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilleAngyl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides you lucky ducks who got the email saying you were accepted pre-interview, has anyone else recieved an interview invite from MSU? If so, how long after you were complete did you hear? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

rozi99

Rozi99
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the same. No luck yet. :(

Sarikate

Full of antioxidants
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard either, been complete for about 2-3 weeks now.

Members don't see this ad :)

BengaliDocIsl

BaitulMukarram,Bangladesh
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
same here, have been complete for two weeks now, haven't heard anything.

SilleAngyl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am glad to see I am not the only one! I understand that schools get a lot of applications but waiting is the pits. Anyone else out there hear from or not hear from MSU yet?

looloo3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still waiting. So nervous...

snowkhat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you guys out of state? I still need to send in my "evaluation" forms. It's such a pain and the only school (I'm applying to) that doesn't accept my health professions packet and letters! So now I have to bug someone to fill those out. Crud.:(

SilleAngyl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am out of state. And, yes, I agree that it is very frustrating that they don't accept pre-health committee letters. MSU is my first choice school, though, so if I do end up getting in it will definitely be worth going through all of that trouble!

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hang in there guys, the school is well worth the wait. I have been to visit several times and they are very helpful with students and want you to succeed. That is what I call support!

SilleAngyl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hang in there guys, the school is well worth the wait. I have been to visit several times and they are very helpful with students and want you to succeed. That is what I call support!

sista-

are you also in this application cycle? if so, have you heard anything from them yet?

W

WALKE219

I just heard today and I was invited to have an interview there with the dean. So I guess some good news has come! yay

Ponko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Walke,

When was your application complete? I am still waiting to hear from them...

Ponko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Walke,

One more question. Did you hear by email or did they call?

Members don't see this ad :)

BengaliDocIsl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just invited for an interview by email today by Kathie Schaefer, i interviewed there last year and was put on the waitlist and never accepted from it.

W

WALKE219

I heard by email.. I called then to schedule and whatnot... So we shall see

Ponko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who heard from MSUCOM today, when was your application complete? I am getting so worried...

BengaliDocIsl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who heard from MSUCOM today, when was your application complete? I am getting so worried...

I was complete around September 12 or 13.

SilleAngyl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to all of you who got interviews! I'm still waiting :-/ But then again I have only been complete for about 1 week. Anyone else hear anything?

Andromeda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take for you guys to receive your secondaries after your primary was sent to MSUCOM? My primary was sent to them on Sept 17.

They like to keep us in suspense!
-Andromeda

Andromeda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also, I found the 2ndary online, but I am unsure of how to do the LoRs. Do your writers mail MSUCOM their evaluations?

Thanks! I hope you all get the interviews you are so anxiously waiting for!
-Andromeda

looloo3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Email your 2 writers the 2 sheets of the LOR form provided on the secondary website. Have then answer the questions and send it to MSUCOM. There are 5 specific questions that need to be answered. MSU does not accept letters that are written that do not follow their specific format. Hope this helps.

Ponko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted w/o an interview today! This is so awesome! MSUCOM Class of 2011!!:love:

looloo3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has been accepted with or without an interview, do you mind giving a GPA and MCAT ball park? Thanks so much
Congrats to everyone and good luck in this long process

DeetleMSU

Deetle Bug Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ponko,

Congrats. I plan on applying to MSUCOM and I was just wondering what your MCAT and GPA is/was? Thanks and you'll love MSU!

Ponko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA was 3.5 and MCAT 7vr 10 bio 10 phy. I recommend everybody to go see one of the admission counselors there and have them get to know you really well. They are always so supportive and they will certainly support you on the day of the admission meeting. For OOS students, you can schedule a meeting over the phone. It's not too late...if you are serious about MSUCOM, you've got to schedule a meeting with them. Good Luck to everybody!

livlovlern

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has been accepted with or without an interview, do you mind giving a GPA and MCAT ball park? Thanks so much
Congrats to everyone and good luck in this long process

i received email for acceptance without interview yesterday! my MCAT scores: 10 v/ 7p.s./ 8 b.s!! GPA 3.3! experience, experience!! all of you who have 33's and 3.8's, go serve your community, or somebody elses:oops:

st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an acceptance pre-interview as well (really surprised!)

GPA: 3.45 (science gpa 3.1) and MCAT (27).

Best of luck to you all!

DANK8184

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in! class of 2011!!! 3.6 science gpa, 8 verbal 8 physical 10 bio

Jackets19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after you were complete did you folks receive the acceptance? I recently got completed so wanted to get a rough timeframe. Thanks and congrats on your acceptances.:thumbup:

DANK8184

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was completed on august 1, my designations were mailed out on the 5th and I got an acceptance on september 20th

st.exupery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
oops. I'm out of state.

I'm not sure exactly how long i was complete for since one of the evaluators didn't tell me when he sent the form. I think it was a few weeks though.

I was really thorough with my secondary.

raDiOnut

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone touring MSUCOM (or interviewing)? I'm giving some of the tours this week.

raDiOnut

Jackets19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether their adcom meets every other Wednesday? I thought someone had mentioned this. Seems like the acceptances handed out were made on Wednesday as well. Just speculating:idea:

Ponko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that the adcom meets every Wednesday, but sometimes, for some reasons, the meeting gets canceled, so it might skip a week or so. Just call the office and see if your name has shown up on their list of applicants to review at the meeting this week. That will give you some idea as to when you should expect to hear from them. Good luck! ;)

Jackets19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your acceptance Ponko:thumbup: and thanks for the info.

BengaliDocIsl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether their adcom meets every other Wednesday? I thought someone had mentioned this. Seems like the acceptances handed out were made on Wednesday as well. Just speculating:idea:

Hang in there Jackets19, you already know you are guaranteed an interview so its just a matter of time. Don't be surprised if you hear something tomorrow. Good luck :thumbup: .

Jackets19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hang in there Jackets19, you already know you are guaranteed an interview so its just a matter of time. Don't be surprised if you hear something tomorrow. Good luck :thumbup: .

No news today :( I guess gotta wait till next Wed.

W

WALKE219

I actually got an email today saying I was accepted!! Good luck to every one who is waiting!!

Ponko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats WALKE!
Do you mind sharing some of your interview experience with MSU COM? (Questions, tours, etc.) I got accpeted without an interview, but I'm thinking about scheduling one just because of the experience. Thanks!

W

WALKE219

Yeah, it was really informal, there was an interview with Dr. Falls, who is the dean of student services. He's really nice, and it was just kind of a Q&A so not a big deal. There was a student lead tour with lunch which was really cool just because you got to ask a lot of questions you might not ask the ADCOMS about tests and classes and stuff. The girl who toured me was really cool about answering any questions. Other than that they just have a meeting with you about student life (i went to MSU for undergrad so that was pretty short), and financial aid, which is good! A really good experience and if you have about 5 hours and care to do it, I would suggest it. The only thing is like how long it lasts.

Hope this helps!

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SilleAngyl, no I'm not in the process until next year but I visit MSUCOM alot and have been to several open houses. The staff is pretty ambitious when it comes to assisting the students and they care about whether you survive or not. I only know this b/c a couple of the students have become good friends of mine and they rave about the school and the way they treat visitors/prospective students isn't bad either. :)

Jackets19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's to hoping for a decision day tomorrow for everyone who has been complete and waiting :) One week seemed like a long time to pass by.

SilleAngyl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's to hoping for a decision day tomorrow for everyone who has been complete and waiting :) One week seemed like a long time to pass by.

Good luck to you too, Jackets. I feel like I am living my life Wednesday to Wednsday!

Jackets19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally!!!! I am delighted to be accepted to MSUCOM c/o 2011. Received the e-mail couple of hours ago. They waitlisted me last year and had to go through the entire painful process this year. I am extremely relieved now (Alhamdulillah). I definitely had to pay my dues to earn this spot.

Good luck to everyone in the process.:thumbup:

BengaliDocIsl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally!!!! I am delighted to be accepted to MSUCOM c/o 2011. Received the e-mail couple of hours ago. They waitlisted me last year and had to go through the entire painful process this year. I am extremely relieved now (Alhamdulillah). I definitely had to pay my dues to earn this spot.

Good luck to everyone in the process.:thumbup:

Congratulations, wow that's great news. I just interviewed there again yesterday and will hear a decision next wednesday. I thought you were going to interview again and get accepted but this is even better.

Good job :thumbup: :D .

Jackets19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, wow that's great news. I just interviewed there again yesterday and will hear a decision next wednesday. I thought you were going to interview again and get accepted but this is even better.

Good job :thumbup: :D .

Thanks man. Wish you all the best in the upcoming week. :thumbup:

asDO0307

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well after all that hard work I made it just got the email today. And I am proud to say that I will be enrolled in MSU COM in JULY. Good Luck to everybody and keep your heads held high:) ANd jackets were you from