clutzie16

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hello everyone,

I was wondering approximately how long it took for schools to notify you of an acceptance/rejection? If they rejected you did they tell you why? or are people really never rejected after an interview, if anything are they just put on a hold list?

If you didnt hear back for a while..did you call them? and in how long?

I interviewed this past Friday and I havent heard back..so im getting nervous...thanks for your time

Good Luck!

:luck:

odforme

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
It depends on the school..where did you interview? I heard right away from UMSL and SCO (interviews on fri and got calls/emails on Mon) but PCO and ICO both said 3-4 weeks. Hang in there!

clutzie16

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
i actually interviewed at UMSL.

so i guess not hearing back right away isnt good since you interviewed there and got a response right away?

About the Ads

odforme

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Well I would send Dr. Brown an email and she can find out when you will hear. I know it depends there who you interview with...sometimes the decision has to go to committee and that takes longer. Do you normally recieve all emails from them? I had one from another school go to my spam folder...luckily I found it. No worries yet...decisions may be coming slower now that there are fewer spots left. Did you feel like the interview went well?

Insomnia23

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
I have the same issue with SCCO... should I email Betty and find out when they will reply about acceptance/rejection?

Subiedubie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
I don't know about other schools but at Nova they let the applicants know exactly when they can hear back. They let you know at the interview when the committee plans to meet again and discuss all the applicants.

So it depends on when your interview was in relation to when the committee plans to meet. For example, say the admission committee meets today and if person A interviewed two weeks ago and person B interviewed yesterday they both have an equal chance of getting accepted. In this case person B would hear back the day after his/her interview while person A has to wait 2 weeks. I really hope that makes sense.

clutzie16

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
That makes perfect sense. However, sometime along the interview we were told that we can hear back as early as the weekend before we were interviewed (interview was on a friday), or if your application will be put on hold we have to wait for the committee to meet, and that should happen sometime in 3 weeks...or so...or we will get a rejection letter later on in the application process.

so again, i guess it wasnt too clear, so its best to email...i did email the Dr's who interviewed me with thank you letters, which is proper interview etiquette, but wasnt told anything in the replies either.

i think im going to end up emailing the school either later today, or tomorrow....i know its kind of early but its important to know where you stand.

thanks for all your help everyone..and good luck!:luck:

Insomnia23

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
SOOO.... I got a letter in the mail and I GOT ACCEPTED:)

I was really expecting a call or email but I am just as happy with the letter.

Subiedubie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Congratulations on your acceptance! You must be so relieved and happy!

Insomnia23

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
SCCO... I'm glad they are very fast to respond after an interview. I hate the waiting game but now thats over:)

I am very surprised how beautiful the campus is and I loved the student rec center (or whatever they call it).

eyeloveit

SCCO Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
SCCO... I'm glad they are very fast to respond after an interview. I hate the waiting game but now thats over:)

I am very surprised how beautiful the campus is and I loved the student rec center (or whatever they call it).

Congrats future classmate!

4Eyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
Here's how it went for me. (I think I've mentioned most of this to clutzie in PMs, but in case anyone else wants to know....)

I was interviewed by one person only (Dr. Bennett). Another faculty member was supposed to be there, but he didn't make it. The way the system goes, the two interviewing faculty members have to agree to admit you to say right away that you're in. Since Dr. Bennett was the only one there that day, he told me that he couldn't say officially yet but that I was going to get accepted.

Approximately 2-3 weeks later I got an email saying I was accepted. Some weeks after that I got the official letter.

I interviewed the day before Thanksgiving, which is relatively early in the interview season. I think by the time January/February rolls around, it gets harder to say right away because UMSL has rolling admissions. If you haven't heard something yet, I don't think that's necessarily cause to worry. However, a carefully phrased email can't hurt if you need to know. :)

:luck: :luck:

clutzie16

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hi,

I actually did email Dr.Brown, she told me that she thinks/believes I was put on hold, but the only reason for that is because they cant count up my credits, and because i am still taking classes now, and will be in the summer to push me over the 90 minimum credit mark. She told me that the committee has to review my application to let me know whats going on, but she isnt sure when the committee will be meeting, so there really isnt a time that i shoudl be expecting an answer by.

I actually have a lot more credits, but since they dont take AP courses, those credits are automatically ruled out.

Dr,Brown did say that she will point out to the committee the classes im taking and will be taking, and that all my prerequisites are done.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed..when i interviewed on friday they had 14 open class seats. thats a very easy number to fill up...

wish me luck:luck:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.