Hearing back...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akitavet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anyone who has applied in the past please post when they heard back from whichever schools they applied to, accepted or not. For those of us in limbo who dont know what to expect, it would be very much appreciated. TIA

Members don't see this ad.

If you look at the acceptance and rejection threads from last year, for many of the schools people posted their interview and acceptance dates. Usually for many schools, they let you know about an interview about 2 weeks before the actual interview.

Oh yeah, it'll happen. We are just finishing up the application woes theme in here and next come the waiting woes stage, to be followed by, sometime in the winter around January or so, the acceptance/rejection woes.

Members don't see this ad :)
See my last post in the waiting is awful thread. I explained there when I heard from the 6 schools I applied to. :)

people heard back much earlier than i thought! on the schools websites, a lot say dont expect to hear back until march or april

UF notifies of interviews in Feb.
OK state notifies end of March (out of staters)

I think Miss. State notifies pretty quick via email (November~ish)

I've compiled this selfish list from last year's listed dates. This only includes the schools I'm applying to... (sorry) but I thought might interest people. This is the broad average from applicants reported last year (ie if one person heard by phone in early january and 8 heard by snail mail in early march, I put Mail in March).

Cornell: PHONE early january

Davis: EMAIL late march

Illinois: MAIL late february

Minnesota: MAIL early march

North Carolina State: MAIL early march

Oregon State: MAIL early february/ early march

Penn: PHONE early January until late feburary

Tufts: ONLINE early march

Wisconsin: PHONE late febuary/MAIL early march

Penn: PHONE early January until late feburary

i know a lot of people say that, but please don't count on that! there are plenty of interviewers that DON'T feel the need to telephone the night after the interview.

some call, some don't. everyone gets a letter.

i know a lot of people say that, but please don't count on that! there are plenty of interviewers that DON'T feel the need to telephone the night after the interview.

some call, some don't. everyone gets a letter.

Yeah, before you get that call, you'll get an interview letter. Then after the interview, you may get called that night (I got called at dinner when we got back from the interview) or not at all. Some people just got a letter later on.

Didn't know if you were listing when people hear the final decision or when you'd hear from the schools first.

So, by when will we hear if we even have an interview?

So, by when will we hear if we even have an interview?

It depends on the school. Don't worry about it guys and gals. Ther's nothing you can do to make it happen any faster and it's going to be a long wait. Get used to waiting a few months. You'll drive yourself crazy if you're obsessed with your mailbox and email accounts right now. There wll be plenty of opprotunities to obess here in the near future.

It depends on the school. Don't worry about it guys and gals. Ther's nothing you can do to make it happen any faster and it's going to be a long wait. Get used to waiting a few months. You'll drive yourself crazy if you're obsessed with your mailbox and email accounts right now. There wll be plenty of opprotunities to obess here in the near future.

Can I sign up now for a front row seat next to my friend the squirrel to watch all the obsessing??

Can I sign up now for a front row seat next to my friend the squirrel to watch all the obsessing??

yes, yes you may... ;)

My 'nailbiting' starts the 2nd week of Feb!

So does this mean that this semester's grades actually count?

Awww, crap.