heartbreat hotline

comebackkidyo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing it alright. My college career was going on great. Never really invested time in girls since I had my eye on the prize. Relationship was something I never wanted.In Spring I was studying for MCAT and preparing to apply for med schools. Everything was going great. Until my close friend broke up with her bf so I decided to play hero and tried to be there for her. Thus began late night philosophical chats about life, relationships, goals, struggles. One thing led to other we ended up hooking up. This friend became my priority. I had the best time of my life just being around her. We both told each other we are just friends who are hooking up but it felt more than just friends. In weeks I felt like shes all I wanted. After two months I went out of state for a summer research. Tried to detach myself from her but didn't work. I couldn't stop thinking about this girl. It felt like first love.

After I came back she starts ignoring me. She comes around once in a while to hang out with my roommate. My roommate also my bf says they are like brother and sisters. Didn't buy it went through his phone and bam they are hooking up now. I felt betrayed, rejected and defeated. A month later she tells me everything I forgave her. Dont ask me why I tried to be the bigger person i think. Stop talking to my roommate he moves out. The girl and I continue to be friend however all this time its killing me inside about what she did. Few months later at a party she hooks up w another guy I am drunk I tell her I liked her. Next day she freaks out we go separate ways.

This completely screwed me up. I was driven motivated and knew my ways. But after that I started smoking, drinking, got a dui, didn't pass one course so didn't graduate. I became a wreck. I mainly feel this way because she is a sociopath which now I know because everything she did was about her. Shes the most manipulative person I met she made her wrong doing completely justified. I had a 3.4 now I ended up w a 3.0.

I feel like a coward for letting one person in my life driving me away from my goals. Now I am fixing my wrongs w lot of money time and effort. I just wanted to write this.

Members don't see this ad.

So, you didn't define the relationship honestly, you evidently never discussed exclusivity, you told each other that you were just friends who were hooking up.......what were you expecting?

Why would you expect her to remain exclusive when you telling her you were friends with benefits? She can't read your mind, dude. If you want an exclusive relationship, you set those ground rules.

Blaming your failure on someone cheating on you (and honestly she didnt even cheat because you two were never in a relationship) is weaksauce. If one girl (a girl who you had only know for a few months at that) who treated you in a way you didn't like drives you to smoke, do drugs, and fail classes, you have some serious other **** going on that you need to address that has nothing to do with her. You're using her as an excuse.

She doesn't sound like the world's best person, but a sociopath? Jesus Christ man. At worst she sounds like a dumb college girl who doesn't know what she wants. Get a hold of yourself. The fault lies with you for 1) being dishonest with yourself and her about what you wanted out of that relationship (i.e. **** buddies versus committment) and 2) blaming her for your subsequent issues and failing to address them until things got out of hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
yeah you are right mate about everything. couldn't agree more honestly.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah you are right mate about everything. couldn't agree more honestly.
One girl won't mean a thing to the trajectory of the rest of your life. Your grades WILL influence the trajectory of the rest of your life. Stop worrying about her, get your priorities straight and get to work. A 3.0 could kill your chances at med school. Be cold and 100% focused on school if that's what's best for you.

I've seen different versions of your story too many times to count. She hooked up with you for the hell of it but had no feelings for you yet you had feelings for her. Then she sees other dudes cause why not? She never liked you to begin with. Very common scenario man, nothing to get caught up over.
Girls don't easily like another guy.