Africa and Middle East Hello BGU 2010 Class.

Started by Buendia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so is everyone still coming to israel? anyone changing their minds because of the situation?
 
secretwave101 said:
How are things over there, ditch? I assume it's like always - news terrible, Beer Sheva just fine. Few years back there was a bombing at Hebrew U that caused the incoming class (yours, actually, I think) to go from something like 45 to 25. We were bummed to see that.

My class showed up just as the intifada was revving up, and "watched" Hebron, Jenin, Gaza, Church of the Nativity Standoff and of course Iraq, but for some reason it didn't thin our numbers. Hope this incoming class shows some pluck, too.

Yeah, same ol' thing. Everything you see on the news looks like we should all be in bunkers. The only difference I have noted is that the jets from the air base are louder and more frequent. Life in Beersheva goes on the same as usual. Yeah, I hope this class shows some spunk as well. Athouh I have to say I would have gotten lots of resistance from my family if I had left for Israel under such circumstances.

I hope all is going well with you and the family...

(ps: To all the incoming students...really, it just looks bad on the news. It'll all blow over soon.)
 
a_ditchdoc said:
It'll all blow over soon.

Of course it will...it's Israel.

Yeah, fam's great. Residency's demanding but cool. Good program. Honestly, though, I often wish I was there. Jealous of the incoming's...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whatever you do, do not watch the news, FOX CNN NBC CBS its all blown out of proportion to drive ratings up for the bling bling $$$$$$$

Be'er Sheva is so isolated from all this, its not even an issue

I would be more worried for the Technion Students and the innocent civillians from both Lebanon and Israel

Izzy
 
Sorry to intrude on your thread (I'm applying to schools this year for '07), but I thought someone might be able to answer my question.

Does BGU-CU MSIH offer a MD/MPH duel degree? Any other duel degrees (i.e., MD/PhD, MD/MA) It would seem natural that they would at least offer a MD/MPH, but I cannot seem to find the answer to this question on their website. If they do offer, how does the program work (i.e., b/w 2-3rd year, throughout 4 years of med school)?

Thanks so much for your help!
 
stressed522 said:
Sorry to intrude on your thread (I'm applying to schools this year for '07), but I thought someone might be able to answer my question.

Does BGU-CU MSIH offer a MD/MPH duel degree? Any other duel degrees (i.e., MD/PhD, MD/MA) It would seem natural that they would at least offer a MD/MPH, but I cannot seem to find the answer to this question on their website. If they do offer, how does the program work (i.e., b/w 2-3rd year, throughout 4 years of med school)?

Thanks so much for your help!

Ben Gurion MSIH doesn not offer any combined degrees. However, a number of students have taken a year off between 2nd and 3rd year to do MPH at Columbia or Hopkins. You are right, it would make sense for MSIH to offer a combined MD/MPH, but it's not in the cards right now - perhaps in the future.