Hello Everyone,

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothpainreliever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im new to this stuff, but i have several questions. The most important of them being what are my chances of acceptance into dental school, i will be a first time applicant. Currently i hold a 3.6 gpa and plan on taking my DAT July22 (hopefully a 20AA at least). However, about my self i have always held a very busy schedule. I took between 16-18 credits every semester in the university of Detroit Mercy, work part time to support myself. I will acquire my bachelors degree in three years instead of the traditional four years. My heart is set on getting into dental school, if you guys can help me by stating my chances and what dental schools i should apply too.

P.S. I am of arabic descent from Yemen (country below poverty line) so i dont know if that helps.
Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

This is your 4th time posting the same thread. People have previously responded with their advice. Please stop spamming.

Reactions: 7 users
Maybe you should call the dental schools and talk with the dean or an adcom.

Members don't see this ad :)
It all depends on what your scores for the DAT will be. Assuming you are applying to 10-15 private schools and OOS friendly..

17-18: Chances are slim, maybe a couple of interviews.
19-20: Chances are pretty good, probably three-five interviews.
21-22: Chances are REALLY good, more than eight interviews.
23-25: You can get an interview from almost all the school you apply to.
26-30: You are guaranteed into a school.

It all depends on what your scores for the DAT will be. Assuming you are applying to 10-15 private schools and OOS friendly..

17-18: Chances are slim, maybe a couple of interviews.
19-20: Chances are pretty good, probably three-five interviews.
21-22: Chances are REALLY good, more than eight interviews.
23-25: You can get an interview from almost all the school you apply to.
26-30: You are guaranteed into a school.
Can confirm. I had a similar GPA to the OP and 19AA. I applied to 14 schools got 3 interviews, 2 acceptances thus far.

I think that's a really accurate list based off what I have seen on SDN.

OP, have everything ready if you're going to take the DAT on July 22. You're going to want apply no later than August 1. Keep in mind that it takes a few weeks for your scores to be added to your file. However, you can apply sooner than your DAT date. The schools will receive your application and hold on to it. They'll know when to expect your DAT scores and start processing your application then.

Can confirm. I had a similar GPA to the OP and 19AA. I applied to 14 schools got 3 interviews, 2 acceptances thus far.

I think that's a really accurate list based off what I have seen on SDN.
Congrats man! What schools did you get interviews at?