Hello

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwantMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone :)

I have above average grades to get into a Caribbean school but no EC. I have some shadowing experience but that is about it.

How do Carribean schools look at ECs? Are they important? Can one get in to Top 4 without any ECs at all but only with good stats?

Members don't see this ad.

If your MCAT score is good enough for a US MD or DO school, I would suggest strongly considering waiting a year or so, beefing up the extracurriculars, and then apply to US schools. You don't really need THAT many...just some clinical experience and some sort of volunteer stuff.

If your MCAT score is good enough for a US MD or DO school, I would suggest strongly considering waiting a year or so, beefing up the extracurriculars, and then apply to US schools. You don't really need THAT many...just some clinical experience and some sort of volunteer stuff.

My stats are 31, 3.88. I am currently applying to MD and DO schools. This is my second time applying and there is no way I want to wait another year. Can I get into St George, for example, without any ECs?

My stats are 31, 3.88. I am currently applying to MD and DO schools. This is my second time applying and there is no way I want to wait another year. Can I get into St George, for example, without any ECs?

DO NOT GO to a Caribbean school with those stats!

If anything I guess reapplying to US MD and apply to Carib as backup. Just do some shadowing your year off.

....but yes SGU will accept you nearly 100%