HELLP!! I submitted my application but now I have to retake the MCAT!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m22499

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT on May 20th and I worked on my application right after. I submitted my application on Jun 7th. On Jun 22nd I got my MCAT score of 509 and 123 in CARS. I have a strong GPA.
Now I have to retake the exam in July, and I need your recommendation to improve my CARS score in such short time. Also, should I include my retake date on my application? and what would be the impact on my application? I took the official FL in May, will my score be inflated if I took them again? if yes, how would I know if I'm ready for the test? I bought blueprint 4 exams, will that help me determining if I'm ready or not?

Please share your experience!!

Members don't see this ad.

This happens to a lot of applicants, but it looks like you panic-registered for the earliest available exam. CARS is notorious for being hard to improve in a span of few weeks. Do you think your CARS was a fluke, or did you receive around 123 on FL’s. If latter, you might be wasting a retake opportunity here and may have to push back the retake date.

Reactions: 1 user
@LizzyM @Goro @gonnif If you have the time I would love to hear your opinions!
This happens to a lot of applicants, but it looks like you panic-registered for the earliest available exam. CARS is notorious for being hard to improve in a span of few weeks. Do you think your CARS was a fluke, or did you receive around 123 on FL’s. If latter, you might be wasting a retake opportunity here and may have to push back the retake date.
I received higher than 123 in my practice.

Members don't see this ad :)