Help a brotha out on UCLA interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkumalap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an interview this Wednesday and I heard they gave u an essay to write.
What is the topic of this essay?

Members don't see this ad.

as far as i know, it is not something that you need to prepare for
you should be ok

First off, we're not allowed to give out the topic of the essay. Second, the essay is simple and if you've gotten to the interview, then it should be no problem for you. Lastly, like the poster above me stated, its not something you can or should prepare for. gl.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's usually an ethics question...so no, nothing to prepare for. And if you need to prepare for an ethics essay...uh.

First off, we're not allowed to give out the topic of the essay. Second, the essay is simple and if you've gotten to the interview, then it should be no problem for you. Lastly, like the poster above me stated, its not something you can or should prepare for. gl.

who told you not to tell the topic. It changes every time so it doesn't matter. U know you were wondering what the essay topic was when you were going to be interviewed....give a guy a break and get off your high horse....

It's usually an ethics question...so no, nothing to prepare for. And if you need to prepare for an ethics essay...uh.

:laugh:

I'd think that if the school adcoms don't mind interviewees knowing the topic, they would have given it to people in the e-mail invites. So I personally wouldn't give it out besides telling it's about ethics. To the OP: if you are an ethical person you don't have to sweat it. Good luck ;) .

who told you not to tell the topic. It changes every time so it doesn't matter. U know you were wondering what the essay topic was when you were going to be interviewed....give a guy a break and get off your high horse....

Relax snahster, I'm not trying to bag on anyone. Everything i told him is what other people told me when i asked, so I'm simply relaying the message. If i came off a little ...high...my apologies. gl to the OP.

Here is the essay question from January 16, 2007:

"Do you believe it is unethical and/or an unfair advantage for an applicant to be given this essay question prior to the interview."

No joke. 700 words. Go!

I think a essay about ethics, is interesting. I thinks it's a cool idea, my spelling and grammer not too cool though. I am a good writer, if you ignore my punctuation, grammer and spelling.

"Do you believe it is unethical and/or an unfair advantage for an applicant to be given this essay question prior to the interview."

No joke. 700 words. Go!

wow. Last year, I had that topic. I guess they don't change it.

No joke. 700 words. Go!

:laugh: so basically if you knew that that was the prompt you would be a hypocrite if you said it was unethical to know it and you would come off as unethical if you said that it WAS ethical to know the question

sounds like a lose-lose situation