HELP, aadsas messed up my application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALI

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well what I feared the most has happened....
They finally did it

I received my confirmaion copy today, they made a lot of mistakes

The biggest one, addsas GPAs are significant lower than the actual one on my official transcript. It changed from 3.4 to 3.34.
I checked all my grade entries and can't find anything mistakes. I just can't figure out how they got that 3.34. I should have evven higher gpa because they give extra points for A+

Can some one explain? how did that happen?? is that normal??

Also they indicate that I have foreign dental degree, what the @#$#%!!

they also forgot to put that I have course in progress

What should I do now? I think I am going to write to all the schools and send them a copy of unofficial transcript. I will also try to clear everything up in my letter. Do you guys have any other suggestion or idea?? I just hope they give a chance to explain...

another question , is 4 quarter units equal to 2.7 credit hour?

please help !!! I am frustrated, who knows they might make other mistakes on my application.......THEY SUCK

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
My problem with AADSAS is somewhat similar to yours. My application went out to schools first week of august and I got my confirmation copy from aadsas a couple of days ago. What they did for me was they did not tabulate my units correctly and so my cumulative gpa was much higher than should be. Don't worry about the 14 day correction period. A representative at AADSAS told me that they don't strictly enforce the 14 day period. What I did was make the corrections on the correction form and in addition I wrote to all the schools I applied to and stated the corrected information. Contact all of your schools because god knows when aadsas will get to it. As far as the quarter to semester hours: Yes 4 quarter units is equivalent to 2.7 semester hours. Good luck!

Hey Ali,

I talked to AADSAS representatives today because on my confirmation sheet it was also indicated that I had a CBT under dental degree. Aerie (Sp?) told me that they have made that same mistake on most people's confirmation sheet, it was simply a program error on the computer. He said that they will remail the confirmation sheet again.

About your GPA, it may be lower in the section w/o +/-, in which your B+ is simply a B. So if you had a lot of B+, they could be the reason, it's just a possibility. At any case, you should contact AADSAS and check with them first because you go ahead and make calls/letters to dental school. Because if AADSAS correctly computated your GPA, or should there be some confusion/mistake, you can fix it instead of relating the dental schools.

Hope this helps,

NSXDent

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply gradMS. I really appreciate it
My problem is that I am not sure where they made the mistakes
all the entries on the conf copies are right.
How did you find the mistakes? can you be a little more specific
How should I correct them on the correction form?

To futureNSXdent

all my grades are lower in all the sections even inc.+/- sections.
after all, my grade should be identical to my official school gpa.

Ali
My mistake was when I originally filed out my app I had converted my quarter units into semester units( not having read the application which told us not to do this). Anyway, when aadsas got my app they then went and converted the units to quarter units. For example I had a 4 unit class and I converted it to 2.7. Aadsas went ahead and then converted that to 1.8. ANd so the units they calculated for my undergraduate was much lower than actual(about 60 some units). As a result when they calculated my cumulative gpa I ended up with a much higher gpa. So when you get your confirmation sheet there is also a correction form, which I believe you can also get from the adea website. THere is a section to change course information and so I filled that section out for every course I took as an undergrad.
Since you found no mistakes, have you repeated a course before? Because aadsas calculates a gpa for all courses you have taken, whether it is a repeat or not. Good luck. Your best bet is to give them a call and see what the problem is.

Originally posted by ALI
To futureNSXdent

all my grades are lower in all the sections even inc.+/- sections.
after all, my grade should be identical to my official school gpa.

Not true, as gradM.S. pointed out. If you entered every class with the corresponding grade correctly, then AADSAS did not mess up on your GPA. A computer uses their grading scale to calculate the GPA, so if the letter grades shown next to the courses are the correct grades you received, then the GPA is correct. Also note that the AADSAS grading scale may be lower or higher than what your undergrad institution uses. At my college a B+ is a 3.4. With AADSAS (and most colleges), it is a 3.33, for example.

My GPA is *MUCH* lower on the AADSAS scale than on my transcripts, because I've repeated classes.

By the way, a 3.4 to a 3.34 is not a significant amount. After completing 90 hours of coursework (you may have completed much more!), a .06 just isn't a big deal. It certainly won't be a determining factor in your admissions.

Also, sending schools a copy of your "unofficial transcripts" won't do any good, since they already have a copy of your official transcripts!

Don't worry too much about your application, you'll have lots of success! :)