Help! Activity Cancelled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roundgarlic

Reaction score
A research team I was going to work with next year's PI just announced they're leaving the university at the end of the summer and I won't be able to work for them anymore. I had put this on my AMCAS and TMDSAS applications as an activity I was going to do. What do I do now to update schools on what's going on? I'm trying to look for an opportunity in the same field to replace it but I don't know how soon that's going to happen and I'd rather update as soon as possible so it doesn't look like I was hiding anything. I'm so stressed this is happening!

Members don't see this ad.

A research team I was going to work with next year's PI just announced they're leaving the university at the end of the summer and I won't be able to work for them anymore. I had put this on my AMCAS and TMDSAS applications as an activity I was going to do. What do I do now to update schools on what's going on? I'm trying to look for an opportunity in the same field to replace it but I don't know how soon that's going to happen and I'd rather update as soon as possible so it doesn't look like I was hiding anything. I'm so stressed this is happening!
Everyone knows that future plans are subject to change.
Your information was accurate at the time you submitted, so you’re not in trouble.
If any of your secondaries have a spot for updates or “anything else “ you can briefly say the lab closed so you won’t be working there as planned.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just focus your attention on finding a comparable position.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agrees: find another position first. Plan to update after you spend 100 hours.

There is nothing to update at this time. Find a comparable activity, or do something else. Either way you can just update them at an interview.