Help: Advice for applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anesthesialuv91

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I am sorry that this is another what are my chances post but I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for applying this year. My scores (no where close to being SDN scores 🤔)

Step 1: 225 (a little below average)
Step 2: 247 (just barely above average)
COMLEX I: 570 (above)
COMLEX II: 600 (above)

I am just worried because I feel that my grades are low for a DO student. I have tried setting up away rotations and I have gotten emails back from hospitals saying they want at least a 230 for DO applicants. I also noticed that the hospitals who require my USMLE scores denied me for a rotation. I remembered applying the very first day too so I assume the reason I didn't get a rotation was that I didn't make their USMLE step 1 cut off. I will definitely apply broadly (if I stand a chance) but as of right now I don't know if my scores will cut it (I am pretty much an average student). My question:

Should I bother to apply or just do something else?
If you think I have a shot should I apply for backups as well?

thanks in advance any input would help.😍