Help! Any Ross Medical School Students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gold_poker

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HELLO
'
I have a problem. I am scheduled to transfer (from another foreign medical school) into the ROSS MEDICAL SCHOOL 5th semester in Miami, Florida on Monday = May 15th. This is the 12 week PHysical DIAGNOSIs class.

My problem: I am concerned about managing the WORKLOAD and studying for the USMLE STEP 1 exam at hte same time.

I have been preparing for hte USMLE for awhile and feel that if I was to ONLY study until JULY I would do fine. IF I decided to solely study for the exam and then enroll in ROSS 5th semester in Sept, I would perform better on my exam.

SO, ANY ROSS STUDENTS-- How is the 5th Semester? Can an Average student prepare for USMLE and pass ROSS 5th semester class?

IS ROSS PASS/FAIL or is it letter grade?
DO MOST STUDENTS PREPARE FOR USMLE + COMPLETE 5TH SEMESTER AT SAME TIME?
HOW HARD IS 5TH SEMESTER? CONSTANT WORK?

I received admission today and would have to get on plane tom. What do you think? please help.

[email protected]