Help!!! Appeal Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sportacus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone has experience presenting an appeal letter to an internship program? What is the deadline for presenting an appeal letter to an APPIC internship program?
I will appreciate any insight with this.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As in you didn't satisfactorily complete your internship?

Can you provide a bit more detail? Is this an ethics thing, clinical competence, not meeting program requirements in other non-clinical areas, etc? When were you first told about the problem and when were you told about the failing final evaluation?

Regarding deadline, this will likely be program specific. Check your program's manual that you (hopefully) got on day 1. This should have info re: complaints, appeals, etc.

APPIC I believe has a program that you can contact and consult with about these things confidentially. I would get in touch with them as well asap. It should be online.

Reactions: 1 user
There are so many nuances in these types of situations that it is impossible to give advice without knowing all of the particulars. My advice is to find a trusted colleague, preferably one that is licensed and also familiar with internship supervision (ideally someone who supervises currently in a program), and get their thoughts on the matter.

Reactions: 3 users
And make a clean timeline of when you were formally notified of stuff to take so you give a clean, clear, amd factual story - not just an emotional one. This will increase the utility of the meeting and accuracy of any guidance

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 users
And make a clean timeline of when you were formally notified of stuff to take so you give a clean, clear, amd factual story - not just an emotional one. This will increase the utility of the meeting and accuracy of any guidance
Thanks !I followed it and turned out getting the evaluation overturned favorably.

Thanks for your reply Psyche27. I followed your advice and found excellent support and guidance on how to manage this situation. I’m happy to say this chapter is over as it turned out my appeal was ruled favorably and already started my post doc fellowship. Thanks!

I’m glad it was helpful. I have found the service invaluable as a TD and try to encourage anyone who needs it to utilize it.

SO things worked out? You passes your internship?

TELL US THE DEETS, man!
Be honest,objective & thorough. Reaching out for assistance works. I took advantage from seeing the opportunity with the situation, even though the experience was harsh and frustrating.

Reactions: 1 user