help applying for dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikorthodontics

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im currently in Canada going into my fourth year BSc Bio, and applying to dental school. My first 2 years were not so great around 2.0 gpa, but my 3rd year I finished everything with a 3.9 gpa, and wrote my DAT (BIO- 19 GC- 17 OC- 17 RC- 18 QR- 18 PAT-19) probably going to retake it in Nov again because I know I will do better. Im worried about my first 2 years because it wasn't so great, as i'm going into my fourth year doing half the pre reqs for my dental schools chosen. I've currently done ~200 hours of shadowing at a orthodontist, ~200 hours at a dentist, ~100 hours at sick kids and 200+ hours at a nursing home abroad, will that give me any bonus.
What are my chances of getting into dental school with my current gpa, DAT (retake) and 200+ hours of shadowing and 200+ hours volunteering?

Cheers. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Those stats are pretty low for a canadian applicant. Assuming your gpa is currently below a 3.0 and maybe you earn a higher dat of around a 22, you have a slight chance but anything below a 3.0 gpa and your current dat as a canadian applicant you are just boarderline.