HELP! Are my stats good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaye1der

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tell me what you think? Do I have a chance for acceptance this year?

B.S. Biological Anthropology with 1 year of research experience.

sGPA: 3.45
BCP: 3.7
oGPA: 3.7
nonsGPA: 3.98

DAT:
Bio: 21
G.Chem: 26
O. Chem: 30
RC: 19
QR: 19
PAT: 18
AA: 23
TS: 24

Dental Experience: Volunteer, shadowing, and dental assistant job: 1500+ hrs
Other extracurricular & comm services: 300+ hrs.

I am thinking of retaking my DAT. I am not sure if the scores are solid. I believe I am a strong candidate in other aspects, but I am not confident about my DAT scores. The science portion is good, but the rest are under 20. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
to submit a provocative internet post with the intention of inciting an irate response.. basically a young college kid with no job who is bored..

How is this a bad post? I am trying to get an honest opinion. I am not trying to ask for sympathy.

I am thinking of retaking my DAT. I am not sure if the scores are solid.
Are you serious? You have taken the DAT and are unaware of average scores for schools. :eek: I think a lot of students here would like to trade those scores :)..so be ready.
You are more than fine and should get multiple acceptances. No retake needed.

Last edited:
How is this a bad post? I am trying to get an honest opinion. I am not trying to ask for sympathy.

I agree. Given sympathy is not equal to affirmation.

I think people are hinting that you are searching for affirmation and giving you grief for that. Your stats are fine. This thread comes off more show-boating than a serious inquiry given your GPA and DAT scores - especially when you consider other "chance me" threads where applicants have GPAs and DAT that are much lower than yours....

Point is, you are fine. Just be patient.

Last edited:
I agree. Given sympathy is not equal to affirmation.

I think people are hinting that you are searching for affirmation and giving you grief for that. Your stats are fine. This thread comes off more show-boating than a serious inquiry given your GPA and DAT scores - especially when you consider other "chance me" threads where applicants have GPAs and DAT are much lower than yours....

Point is, you are fine. Just be patient.

Thank you. It has been driving me insane because everyone on here was saying that you need 20's across the board to be competitive...and I was scared. I just don't want the adcom to think I'm not well rounded...score high on the science portion and a little lower on the rest...

Are you serious? You have taken the DAT and are unaware of average scores for schools. :eek: I think a lot of students here would like to trade those scores :)..so be ready.
You are more than fine and should get multiple acceptances. No retake needed.

Finally there's someone that understands...thanks. I can finally put my mind at ease..

Yes its a definite retake, a 23 AA and 24 TS are terrible scores