HELP! Autobiographical Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fejin757

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm applying to a school that requires both a personal statement and a 2-3 page autobiography. Unfortunately, I have a hard time writing papers like this. I finished my personal statement which included: How I was lead to the profession, What I enjoy about it, what makes me a good fit, and why I chose that school.

After writing the personal statement, I'm not really sure what to put in the autobiography without sounding redundant. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

THANK YOU :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I'm applying to a school that requires both a personal statement and a 2-3 page autobiography. Unfortunately, I have a hard time writing papers like this. I finished my personal statement which included: How I was lead to the profession, What I enjoy about it, what makes me a good fit, and why I chose that school.

After writing the personal statement, I'm not really sure what to put in the autobiography without sounding redundant. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

THANK YOU :laugh:

Perhaps the autobiography could be more broad-based about your development overall into who you are today. I can see how this might be difficult though since it does sound like there could be some overlap (and I doubt they want to hear what your favorite snack was in kindergarten).

tomsmith - you are a "school admin" and you link to (and recommend?) a ghostwriting service??? If I were a member of the admissions committee and knew that an applicant had paid someone to write his essay, that application would go straight to the trash can.

Not only that, your post is copied-and-pasted word for word from here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4617085_write-autobiographical-essay.html

You have no credibility, and you're just a shill for the service that you linked to.

Last edited: