help! automatically failure for affected dentin in WREB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fmx89591277

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finish my wreb, I got one pink slip because one examer noted that affected dentin has not been removed. I am worrying about it so much!

will I automatically fail in the whole operative section? If I will not automatically fail, how much score will I lose for operative section?

another issue I also worried about is that x-ray quality. I have bad quality x-ray (very dark). but it can be seen under my head lighter. do anyone know it will be automatically failure for endo part due to low quality x-ray? my home school used digital x-ray but the exam school used conventional x-ray and I am not good at developing.

I spent more than 12k (register fee, patient, instruments, assistant, hotel, airplane, etc) and a lot of time for the whole exam, I worried about it so much. the exam was extreme stressful. I and my family can not afford the consequences of failure

thank you so much.
 
Last edited:
I just finish my wreb, I got one pink slip because one examer noted that affected dentin has not been removed. I am worrying about it so much!

will I automatically fail in the whole operative section? If I will not automatically fail, how much score will I lose for operative section?

another issue I also worried about is that x-ray quality. I have bad quality x-ray (very dark). but it can be seen under my head lighter. do anyone know it will be automatically failure for endo part due to low quality x-ray? my home school used digital x-ray but the exam school used conventional x-ray and I am not good at developing.

I spent more than 12k (register fee, patient, instruments, assistant, hotel, airplane, etc) and a lot of time for the whole exam, I worried about it so much. the exam was extreme stressful. I and my family can not afford the consequences of failure

thank you so much.

I thought I had read that affected dentin was a deduction in points from your prep score, and not an auto-fail. Might want to check that WREB book
 
thank you so much. you are right. I just worried about it too much!

I just got my WREB result and I succefully pass all parts of WREB. It is amazing and I got my results of WREB in 3 days after I finished my exam (I took WREB at USC 06/01-06/02/13).

I thought I had read that affected dentin was a deduction in points from your prep score, and not an auto-fail. Might want to check that WREB book
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you live in California? I just took the WREB too at another site, but didn't pass operative. So I have to retake at USC. Any advice for that particular school that an outsider might not know...and anywhere possible to get patients?

Thanks~
 
I came from midwest. I though that my passing might be just because of my good luck. I used patient finding agent(that is the reason my budget is 12k). the lesion the agent provide is usually good. a good board assistant is another big plus for you.

good luck!

Do you live in California? I just took the WREB too at another site, but didn't pass operative. So I have to retake at USC. Any advice for that particular school that an outsider might not know...and anywhere possible to get patients?

Thanks~