Help building program list Psych (23x) US MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kanye's Psychiatrist

thenextmcdreamy
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
US MD at low-mid-ish tier/unranked MD school

Step 1: Pass 1st attempt
Step 2: 23x

Red flags: failed a shelf exam

Class rank: 3rd Tertile (my school doesn't do quartiles)

Clinical Grades: 4 HP and 3 Passes

Research: 1 pub, 4 experiences

EC's: A ton of volunteering and community service with several psych-related ECs and 3 leadership positions

I am hoping to do psych either in the South (Texas, preferably) or the West Coast (Cali and Hawaii) or the Midwest at low/mid-tier academic programs or community programs. I don't really care about going to big-name institutions like Harvard, UCSF, UPenn, etc. How should I approach this?