help! can't remember the name of an honor society!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epsilonprodigy

Physicist Enough
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was inducted into an academic honor society of some sort in undergrad 10 years ago and can't for the life of me remember the name! i thought i had documentation of everything but apparently i'm missing this one. it was a three letter greek name and i got inducted sophomore year. How can i find this info? The registrar's office was completely unhelpful and it's not on my transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

Was it Alpha Lambda Delta? I was in that one, but I can't remember if it was for freshmen and sophomore or just freshmen.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can't remember the name then its probably not something thats significant enough to bother listing on your application.

I was inducted into an academic honor society of some sort in undergrad 10 years ago and can't for the life of me remember the name! i thought i had documentation of everything but apparently i'm missing this one. it was a three letter greek name and i got inducted sophomore year. How can i find this info? The registrar's office was completely unhelpful and it's not on my transcript.

phi beta kappa?

Here's a list from wikipedia:

General Honor Societies
Discipline Specific Honor Societies

Arts and Sciences

Business

Education

Engineering

Journalism and Communications

Languages

Law

Leadership

Medicine

Other

If you can't remember the name, what's the point of putting it on your app? I doubt it would help you all that much.

Holy eff, Minerva.... thank you!!

Meanwhile, I texted my best friend who was inducted with me (she didn't know either LOL) and have my mom digging through her closet. I called a bunch of 'em but no avail yet.

If I can't find it, do you think it would be acceptable to have a heading of n "academic honors" along with NCSC and Dean's List, and mention that I was also inducted into another additional honor society for freshman that were in the top 20% of their class? (that much I do know.) That is, even if I don't have a name for that additional honor society?

I know it's probably no big deal, but it's going to bug me.

Meanwhile, I texted my best friend who was inducted with me (she didn't know either LOL) and have my mom digging through her closet. I called a bunch of 'em but no avail yet.

If I can't find it, do you think it would be acceptable to have a heading of n "academic honors" along with NCSC and Dean's List, and mention that I was also inducted into another additional honor society for freshman that were in the top 20% of their class? (that much I do know.) That is, even if I don't have a name for that additional honor society?

Don't thank me, thank wikipedia :)

Maybe you could go through your school's website? They must list their clubs/extracurricular activities/honor societies somewhere...

No, then it REALLY looks like resume padding

Could it be Sigma Theta Tau?

I don't know how valuable it would be if you didn't maintain membership or participate in chapter activities.

It's probably not worth it as has been said - there are only about 4 honor societies that mean anything anyways.

It's probably not worth it as has been said - there are only about 4 honor societies that mean anything anyways.

Great, now that's going to be bugging me. There's PBK, and ...?

I'm tempted to say TBP, but it seems like only engineers know that exists :laugh:

i regret paying 75 bucks joining NSCS...
really these society doesnt rly mean anything if you didnt get involved in your chapter.