Help compare VCU and Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim Halpert

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am still waiting to hear from UNC and Michigan, but I will have to pick one of the other schools for now. I really loved VCU. Dr. Healy was a real genuine guy and the school seemed very welcoming. I know that Florida is a respected school and I did enjoy the interview. I was wondering if you guys could maybe weigh the pros and cons of each school (outside of finances). I’m sure that each dental school has its ups and downs that you don’t really see at the interview and I really would like to learn of any before making deposits. Thanks in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

Pick the city you want to live in...I lived in Gainesville for a few years and loved it!!! Weather, people, outdoor sports!

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to VCU! Then you will be in the best class ever! VCU 2013 baby!

I have family in Gainesville and I've been there plenty of times...and its boring. I don't like it at all, and if I had the choice between beautiful Richmond and Gainesville, it would be no contest.

Don't know anything about Florida...but VCU is pretty darn sweet! Everytime I go there all the students seem very happy and the mood is overall very friendly. Can't wait to start there!!
Scott

Have you been accepted into UF?

Have you been accepted into UF?

Yea I was accepted there on December 1st. I enjoyed the school but I am just trying to find out what people view as the downside to each school. I mean of course everyone is going to be happy with their choice but there has to be something you would change about the dental school you go to or are planning on going to.