help :( cs mistake fatal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmom33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:help:well I took it today, and i did all the basic draping/eye contact/shaking hands/ empathy/ etc.
Time was what killed me, about 8/12 pt's I eneded during the pe, that means no closure:confused: so did that just kill my pass?
Any help guys, I can't sleep and am just kicking myself for not memorising fa :bang:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would dare say that quite a number of people had a case that they did not finish. I had one and I passed. You're probably fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to be realistic, I don't think the people above read your post clearly. You didn't finish on 8 cases? That's a reason for concern, because the writeup is 1/4 or so of the total grade. but what can you do? Learn from the experience. I hope you did ok.

I want to be realistic, I don't think the people above read your post clearly. You didn't finish on 8 cases? That's a reason for concern, because the writeup is 1/4 or so of the total grade. but what can you do? Learn from the experience. I hope you did ok.
I don't think she meant the writeup, she means that she didn't get to counsel 8/12 patients. I would guess that is a few points off of each case.

I know it's going to be a long wait, there's nothing I can do, but it helps to hear from those with the same experience who actually passed, just a little. I didn't have a problem with the patient note, just time during the interview, which ended when I was still doing a physical meaning no closure, and no counseling, yes that's 8 out of 12 cases:eek:
So I guess it's going to be a long 2 months!
Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it :)

:highfive: I guess it wasn't fatal!! got my results today PASS!!! :banana: I never thought Id be so happy with a score like this one, it's done & out of my way!!!:soexcited:

Congratulations, Dr. Mom!

I have a newfound respect for mothers, as my sister has two little kids...Motherhood is truly the toughest of all residencies...on call 24/7 in the first few years!