Help Cutting Down School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nterrell

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've narrowed my list to 20 or so schools and want to cut back a little (maybe take off 5-7).

Here are my stats:
MA resident
3.81cGPA, 3.85 sGPA
21 AA, 19 TS (18 Bio, 20 OC, 20 GC), 22 PA, 22 QR, 24 RC

Schools:
USC
Western U
Colorado
UConn
LECOM
Louisville
Maryland
BU
Tufts
Detroit Mercy
Creighton
Rutgers
Stony Brook
Touro
Buffalo
Case Western
Temple
UPenn
Pittsburgh
VCU
Marquette

Thank you in advance and any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You have good stats and if your extracurriculars are good too then I'd say you have a solid chance at a lot of these.

I'd consider if you want to stay in MA/east coast. If I were you, I'd take out Western, Colorado, and LECOM. Western's a great school and I've only heard good things, but the distance/cost/lack of recognition back on the east coast may not be worth it. Colorado is very OOS unfriendly. I almost didn't apply (CA resident here) for that reason, decided to anyways, and got a straight up rejection from them. Just wasn't worth the money personally.

I would say to reconsider applying to Stony Brook and Buffalo given that they both prefer in-state students and the OOS acceptance rates are very low.

USC is very expensive so that's one you can take out. Colorado is OOS unfriendly. I've heard BU kinda treats their students like poo and that they have a small patient pool since all the Boston schools compete with eachother. I've heard Louisville also has quite a small patient pool.