HELP! DAT score and BEMO consulting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smmashers12

Reaction score
HELP!!!

I am getting ready to submit my application -I have mediocre scores in DAT
PAT - 18, QR - 21, RC - 30, BIO - 25, GC - 21, OC - 15. TS - 19 and AA - 22. GPA is 3.75 and science GPA is 3.7
I have good extracurriculars, leadership roles and volunteering hours. My questions are:
- with the low orgo score, should I retake the exam because some schools have cutoffs?
- I am also considering submitting my application this cycle with an indication that I would be retaking the exam. I spoke to BEMO a consulting company that helps with application assistance. They think I stand a chance with these scores but before I sign up with them, does anyone here know about this company? Have you used them and what has been your experience? If there are other choices for such consultation, please share the company names. BEMO is charging fat penny for their consulting packages and I want to be sure that they are as effective as they tell us.

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think applying with the intention of retaking the DAT is the best plan you really just need to boost one score and it may be the difference between a "low cost" state school acceptance vs a private school.

Reactions: 1 user
You should ask the schools that best match your profile (in-state). I think you should be safe and retake the DAT to push for a higher PAT.

I think many of us on this forum have expertise to advise you without charging you the same amount as an instrument kit, but it's up to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there is one point I can make is please do not waste your money on BEMO or other consulting companies. There are many users on SDN that will give you that same advice for free and even offer to read your PS. Your scores and GPA are both competitive but the 15 on Orgo could auto reject you from many schools. I would aim for a retake

If there is one point I can make is please do not waste your money on BEMO or other consulting companies. There are many users on SDN that will give you that same advice for free and even offer to read your PS. Your scores and GPA are both competitive but the 15 on Orgo could auto reject you from many schools. I would aim for a retake
interesting that this year, the consulting companies haven't been posting
they normally only post during june and july hoping to attract paying customers...

They have been posting:

They have been posting:
oh
they usually respond to several threads a day to be "helpful"
but it's only in late may and early june so they have visibility to a new group of suckers applicants