Help dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annguyen293

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
frist time I took DAT, I got very low in BIO (12), and 15 for Chem. After 2 month practice with Kaplan and topscore, my Bio improve. So now I 'm not afraid Bio, but I worry so much Chem. I always get 15-17 for chem when practicing. I really want my score high on second time (September 26). So there're few days left. Any advice? Help

Members don't see this ad.

frist time I took DAT, I got very low in BIO (12), and 15 for Chem. After 2 month practice with Kaplan and topscore, my Bio improve. So now I 'm not afraid Bio, but I worry so much Chem. I always get 15-17 for chem when practicing. I really want my score high on second time (September 26). So there're few days left. Any advice? Help

Yeah destroyer for Chem. Know it cold inside out and your scores should jump a coulpe of points. I dont really know any other sources other than kaplans and destroyer.

Focus on Kaplan subject tests, in regards to chemistry, the DAT is a lot more conceptual than Destroyer, however, Destroyer is a great resource in practicing calculations; just make sure you understand all the theory and concepts as well.

Focus on Kaplan subject tests, in regards to chemistry, the DAT is a lot more conceptual than Destroyer, however, Destroyer is a great resource in practicing calculations; just make sure you understand all the theory and concepts as well.

Not necessarily true, from what i remember, my DAT was a 50/50 mix of concepts and calculations.

I think chemistry is the easiest of the sciences to study for (not my favorite) but the material is only so deep and the DAT is out to get you least in this section (or so it appears) I would say read Princeton review Hyperlearning MCAT physical science for the conceptual aspect and def. go over destroyer again. Good luck