Help! dental research!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reallylostnow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was filling out my dental application. What would dental research be considered? Dentistry experience or research experience? It says in the research experience that I should not list anything that was already listed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I was filling out my dental application. What would dental research be considered? Dentistry experience or research experience? It says in the research experience that I should not list anything that was already listed.

What is the research? I take dental experience to be more assisting or observing a dentist...things like that. If you did some research on S. mutans or something molecular etc, that is definitely research, not dental experience. I think of dental experience as being hands or eyes on exposure to the field...on a macroscopic level.

its clinical research on dental prostheses. i will be submitted something as first author to journal of prosthetic dentistry soon. i guess its materials science research? obviously, i did not put in the prostheses into the patients... =)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
its clinical research on dental prostheses. i will be submitted something as first author to journal of prosthetic dentistry soon. i guess its materials science research? obviously, i did not put in the prostheses into the patients... =)

Yeah, I would really put that under research experience. If you pass the GPA/DAT requirements they will look closely at your application and see what dental and research experience you have. THey will see that your research experience is in the dental field and I think overall, that will be much more attractive to have that research experience put in the right category. Good luck to you.

Hey guys,

what dental research are you talking about? i thought that section is for any research you did, not necessary DENTAL research.

yeah, the section on research can be anything, for example i researched nuclear receptors in c. intestinalis, not really anything to do with dentistry but i think they want to see that you can think independently and follow the scientific method.

ANYLESS there is a dental research only section, then i guess i can't put that.