dhwanad

May 7, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hello,
I went to NYU my freshman year, and there they only offer gen bio lab second semester and it's a separate class from the lecture. I had a heavy course load my second semester freshman year so i decided to put it off. Unfortunately, no semester came after that because I decided to transfer back to my state school for tuition reasons.
Unlucky for me, my state school offers gen bio lab conjointly with the gen bio lecture, so not as a separate class like NYU does, so now I just have no opportunity to take it. It's not offered by itself at my local CC either...so now i'm stuck and I'm applying this cycle. It's not like I don't have lab experience since I've been in a research lab for well over a year, and I will be taking upper level bio lab courses my senior year..but a lot of schools specify gen bio lab.
What should I do?

tdental

Feb 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
email the schools you want to apply to and let know your situation.

Reactions: 1 user

Rpp265

Jan 14, 2020
Definitely email the schools and ask if they will take any other bio labs as a replacement. I was in the same situation since my degree doesn’t require bio lab, but I had taken microbio lab and some schools said they would accept it.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.