HELP! Do I have a shot this cycle!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiemonster1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I am a reapplicant and I have applied to a mix of DO and MD schools! My stats are: cGPA: 3.88, sGPA3.89, MCAT: 506.

I am not sure if my stats are good for MD AND DO?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are ok and I would say you have a competitive GPA for DO and MD schools.

It seems like your stats are not the issue and the question I think comes down to your ECs.
What kinds of experiences have you had? What have you done since applying last year?

Your stats are ok and I would say you have a competitive GPA for DO and MD schools.

It seems like your stats are not the issue and the question I think comes down to your ECs.
What kinds of experiences have you had? What have you done since applying last year?

I have 200+ shadowing with various doctors.
150-200 of clinical volunteering in hospital and clinics.
40 hours of clincial research.
Executive board of a religious organization
Biochem Teaching Assitant
Biology Lab Teaching Assistant
Currently doing a Medical Scribe job for my gap year

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 200+ shadowing with various doctors.
150-200 of clinical volunteering in hospital and clinics.
40 hours of clincial research.
Executive board of a religious organization
Biochem Teaching Assitant
Biology Lab Teaching Assistant
Currently doing a Medical Scribe job for my gap year

Only hole I see is the limited research experience. Perhaps consider looking into improving on that this year. Can give you something more to talk about during those interviews. Other than that, apply broadly and I think you have a great shot of getting in somewhere this time around.

Best of luck!

Only hole I see is the limited research experience. Perhaps consider looking into improving on that this year. Can give you something more to talk about during those interviews. Other than that, apply broadly and I think you have a great shot of getting in somewhere this time around.

Best of luck!
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Research is not necessary for DO or MD (do more research if you are passionate about it. Don't check boxes). Some MD schools like to see research on your resume but, I really don't think it is all that important if you don't care about the initials behind your name. Your stats are great for DO and some MD.

Research is not necessary for DO or MD (do more research if you are passionate about it. Don't check boxes). Some MD schools like to see research on your resume but, I really don't think it is all that important if you don't care about the initials behind your name. Your stats are great for DO and some MD.

Thanks! I got some interviews so your advice was helpful!