HELP! Does my Bachelor hurt my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLPrincessDoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN! I am currently looking into different professions and I shadowed an audiologist. I am a freshman currently earning my B.S. in Biology. Do I have to earn a Master's in Audiology first before getting an Au.D? Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're in the US, Au.D is the entry level graduate degree for audiology, as all master's program transitioned to Au.D

Hello SDN! I am currently looking into different professions and I shadowed an audiologist. I am a freshman currently earning my B.S. in Biology. Do I have to earn a Master's in Audiology first before getting an Au.D? Any help is appreciated!

As a pre-med previous AuD grad applicant I will say no it won't hurt your chances unless your GPA is lower. The hard science courses look great. I would suggest if your school has an audiology grad program you speak with someone from it to get a list of the courses you need to apply and make sure you take those courses. You might end up switching over to communication disorders major as most people who go to audiology programs are com disorder undergrads. I found the communication disorder courses to be exponentially easier than the hard science pre-med courses. My GPA suffered because of the difficulty of my courses, but my courses I took for the audiology program pre-reqs I had a 4.0 in and found them easy.

So I would talk to a person in the audiology grad program if they have one at your university. If not then you can look up some of the audiology grad programs and they will give a list of suggested courses to take for admission.