HELP ! Emergency!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shisong

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so my suite mate just framed me for some damages on my school dorm.... and I have been labeled as a suspect ( i didnt do it of course), and because state property has been damaged, I have been labeled as a suspect.

Does the fact that I am a suspect of this felony.... label me as having a criminal background????

please help!

Members don't see this ad.

so my suite mate just framed me for some damages on my school dorm.... and I have been labeled as a suspect ( i didnt do it of course), and because state property has been damaged, I have been labeled as a suspect.

Does the fact that I am a suspect of this felony.... label me as having a criminal background????

please help!
Being a suspect is not the same as being arrested, charged, or convicted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
First things, what was said above. Second, what makes you think this is a felony? If it's only damages, I dont think it would be a felony.

Members don't see this ad :)
First things, what was said above. Second, what makes you think this is a felony? If it's only damages, I dont think it would be a felony.

I think it depends on the damage level whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony. In this case, it may just be at worst a misdemeanor or an institutional action (since it was on campus).

OP as mentioned above you are not charged, so I don't believe this will show up on any record.

Don't know about other states, but Texas allows prosecutors to charge graffiti as a state jail felony based on the location and damages.

This is when you stop talking completely and tell daddy to break out his credit card as you need legal representation ASAP.
It will be painful, it will be annoying, it will be disruptive, and it will be expensive.
Nobody cares who did what to who or whatever, your job is to say, "sorry, but I can't answer any questions at all until I've gotten legal council. Then you can speak with them." Keep repeating until the guy in the $5000 suit shows up. Nothing good AT ALL comes from saying anything to anyone without legal representation.
"We just want to clear this up..." Sure, me too, call my lawyer and well set something up.
"Lawyers are really expensive, we just have a couple questions..." I know, tell me about it, but it's my right and my money, so give them a call and we can set something up.
"You don't need a lawyer, you're not charged with anything, we are just following up on loose ends..." Or "why do you need a lawyer if you didn't have anything to do with this, it makes you look guilty, you're going to end up with ... Zzz ..., being arrested... Blah blah blah." Hahaha, that's funny, you must think I'm ******ed, this is a serious crime. Just call my attorney and we can set something up.

Remember. Even if you might remotely be a possible 5th tier rule out suspect, nothing good comes from speaking with the police when there are felony charges being discussed. They're not going to "make it all go away", they're going to charge someone with a serious crime, and get them expelled and prosecuted. Your roommate can fill that role just fine. You've got better things to do with your time.

Last edited: