Help: Errors in Barron's Test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Studoc28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took a practice test and believe I found a couple errors, hoping someone can confirm.

Ozonolysis- It takes an alkene and forms and produces carbonyls on both carbons of the double bond, right? The book has the answer as one carbonyl and one alcohol.

"Which of the following reactions is (are) two step, unimolecular, and first-order? Sn1, Sn2, E1, E2

I said Sn1 and and E1. Then the book has the answer as only Sn1, and the explanation is "Sn1 and Sn2" so that is confusing lol.

Then I also just want clarification that a carboxyl hydrogen is more acidic than an alpha hydrogen? For example with 3-oxobutanoic acid?

Also, for aromaticity if the double bond is drawn outside the ring does it count as a pair of electrons inside?? According to the book it does.

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you talking about Barrons DAT prep book? Do yourself a favor and throw it in the nearest trash can right now.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm just using it for the practice test, I don't have anything else :( any recommendations that are cost efficient? I am taking the DAT on Monday. I have DAT destroyer and crack dat pat as well, but wanted practice test.

DAT Bootcamp has the equivalent of one free practice test on their website, so definitely do that. I recommend paying for access to the other 4 practice tests as well (9 for PAT) and doing those between now and Monday. It's a bit steep, but so much more valuable/worthwhile compared to Barrons, which is utter crap. Bootcamp gives thorough and accurate explanations for each answer. You already sunk at least $415 into taking the DAT... go big or go home, right? ;)

Reactions: 1 user