Help - fafsa!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnookieDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am accepted and waitlisted at a school. When I fill out my fafsa should I add both schools? Will each school know that I added the other school?

Members don't see this ad.

Fill it out for both school codes. You haven't got a lot of time to fix it if you do get in, and the financial aid people don't talk to the admissions people anyway. Even if they did, no one will judge that as negative.

Go ahead and do it. It's free, and actually, I believe it's encouraged. The only thing I think you can't do is accept loans from both schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you and one more question. Is the FAFSA the only thing you need to fill out to get loans?

How do we fill out federal stafford loan forms or is that not required? Is FAFSA usually just enough?

FAFSA is the first step, your school may or may not send you more papers to fill out after that.

The school may have a separate application and other requirements. For example, I had to do an online training session that provided more details about the entire financial aid process. Also, you need to provide your tax return or signed statement saying that you did not file.

If you get in they will send you a package once your FAFSA SAR report is in (you have to file your 2009 taxes for the SAR to reach the school).