help finding assessment tools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oreosandsake

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I should be functional enough to find these things, and I apologize for having to post up a thread asking for help on this but I have searched pubmed, and countless search engines trying to find a copy of the following tools without any success. 🙁

I am looking for the following:

1) The Attitude Toward Disabled Persons Scale (ATDP) Yuker, Block,and Younng (1970).

2) Scale of Attitudes Toward Disabled Persons (SADP)

I am hoping that someone on this forum has used these, or knows where I can find them.

thank you!!!
 
I know I should be functional enough to find these things, and I apologize for having to post up a thread asking for help on this but I have searched pubmed, and countless search engines trying to find a copy of the following tools without any success. 🙁

I am looking for the following:

1) The Attitude Toward Disabled Persons Scale (ATDP) Yuker, Block,and Younng (1970).

2) Scale of Attitudes Toward Disabled Persons (SADP)

I am hoping that someone on this forum has used these, or knows where I can find them.

thank you!!!

Oreos

I just copied/pasted the first scale (Yuker et al 1970) onto Google and came up with 86 hits. Did you check those out?
 
I know I should be functional enough to find these things, and I apologize for having to post up a thread asking for help on this but I have searched pubmed, and countless search engines trying to find a copy of the following tools without any success. 🙁

I am looking for the following:

1) The Attitude Toward Disabled Persons Scale (ATDP) Yuker, Block,and Younng (1970).

2) Scale of Attitudes Toward Disabled Persons (SADP)

I am hoping that someone on this forum has used these, or knows where I can find them.

thank you!!!

371 hits for Scale of Attitudes Toward Disabled Persons (SADP) on Google.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went through pages and pages of those.

they pop up as part of the 'Methods' section of many papers, but I can't find the actual assessments.
 
I went through pages and pages of those.

they pop up as part of the 'Methods' section of many papers, but I can't find the actual assessments.

Surely there is a at least a single citation with the "core" reference. At worst, even assuming you can't find the core reference with the instrument, you could email a few of the authors of the articles that used these instruments and asked them for a copy of theirs.

In my abundant spare time, I will see if I can find the refs. No promises regarding outcome, but I will look.
 
Here, did half of your homework for you. See Table 1.
http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jpts/13/2/107/_pdf

Couldn’t find the SADP. Like Shrike suggested, contacting the article authors may be fruitful. An antiquated thought...consider asking your local med school librarian if they have a copy of the "core" reference, or if they can locate a copy of the SADP. That's part of their job.

Good exercise in procrastination though.
 
Here, did half of your homework for you. See Table 1.
http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jpts/13/2/107/_pdf

Couldn’t find the SADP. Like Shrike suggested, contacting the article authors may be fruitful. An antiquated thought...consider asking your local med school librarian if they have a copy of the "core" reference, or if they can locate a copy of the SADP. That's part of their job.

Good exercise in procrastination though.

Is this a great forum or what?

Way to go, Ludicolo.
 
For the SADP - you might want to check out the book by the author of the scale.

http://www.amazon.com/Measurement-A...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218061710&sr=8-3

His web page:
http://www.umb.edu/academics/departments/gce/programs/counseling/faculty/antonak.html

Otherwise I think the original articles are:


"Development and psychometric Analysis of the Scale of Attitudes toward disabled Persons" Antonak, Richard F.; Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling, Vol 13(2), Sum 1982. pp. 22-29.

and

Construct Validation of the Scale Attitudes toward disabled persons. Antonak, Richard F.; Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling, Vol 16(1), Spr 1985. pp. 7-10, 48.
 
thank you Shrike, Ludiculo, and Shalom!

I had never considered actually emailing the person who created the tool or even expected to get such a fast response after emailing him, but i came home tonight and there it was in my email box!

I'll make sure to do that next time before posting on here 😀
 
Hi all, I know its an old thread...still..
I was googling to find a copy of SADP. Then I found this thread. Do you still have the tool with you ? If yes, please mail me. Thanks in advance.