HELP finding vet experience opportunities in NYC!!!

Started by DaniLo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DaniLo

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site but I think it's awesome. I am a sophmore and I have good grades, but I am having a hard time finding Vets to gain experience under. If anyone from the New York City area has any suggestions or Vets I can contact please let me know!!

Thanks😀
 
haha, it's going to take lots of persistence! It took me a year of just sending out resumes to different places, calling, stopping by and asking in person, etc. just to get a job as a kennel assistant. The only advice I can give is to just keep trying!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work at an animal hospital on the upper east side (park east animal hospital) that tends to take a few students during the summer and throughout the year as unpaid volunteers. I started there as a volunteer and then came back and was offered a paid position. Send your resume in, it can't hurt.
 
I've had 5 different vet/kennel positions in NYC over the last 8 years. Never had a problem finding employment.

Are you in NYC proper?
Or another borough?
How far are you willing to travel?
Drive?
Day/week you want to work?
Male of Female?
I assume you mean Sophomore in College?

I know a few people hiring for the summer (for kennel work), but never know.
 
I know a few people hiring for the summer (for kennel work), but never know.

Really? when you saying hiring, do you mean paying? Or for volunteer? I dont need the experience, but I do need the money. Where are said places.

Thanks a bunch.
 
Ill PM ya. Its actual kennel work, and not easy, but they usually pay well, ~9-10 off the books.

I'll PM you in the morning with the details, and check with them to see if they are still hiring for summer
 
I did. I think. Been leaving my computer at home lately to get more work done in the lab. Doing this on my Itouch... guess I will have to start leaving this at home as well 🙁

Ill touch base with you in a bit!