Help for 2014??

Started by Big
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Big

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey , I need some help to I improve my application. I applied for 2013 and interviewed a few places but didnt get in. The basically told me that my GPA held me back.

Pre- Req Classes
Bio B
Anatomy A
Physiology B
Chem 1 C+
Chem 2 C+
Physics A
Physics 2 A
Psy A
Stat – passed AP exam

GPA overall: 3.49
Pre- Req GPA: 3.41 (with an A in chem 1 and stats over the summer)
or
Pre- Req GPA: 3.48 (with an A in chem 1 and 2 over the summer)
GRE: 153 V, 151 Q, 4.0

Hours: 175 outpatient, 60 acute care, 30 geriatric (nursing home)

My question is:

Should I retake chem 2 or stats along with chem 1 this summer? I know it will be harder to do the 2 chem classes in 8 weeks but I am taking them at a community college... Is it worth the risk to increase my prereq GPA from a 3.4ish to a 3.5ish? Or should I go the safe route and take stats which is an easy A and improve my GPA to the 3.4ish range??
 
Let me add that the chem classes were freshman year when I was being an idiot. I was playing college baseball and not studying like I should which = Cs
 
Hey , I need some help to I improve my application. I applied for 2013 and interviewed a few places but didnt get in. The basically told me that my GPA held me back.

Pre- Req Classes
Bio B
Anatomy A
Physiology B
Chem 1 C+
Chem 2 C+
Physics A
Physics 2 A
Psy A
Stat – passed AP exam

GPA overall: 3.49
Pre- Req GPA: 3.41 (with an A in chem 1 and stats over the summer)
or
Pre- Req GPA: 3.48 (with an A in chem 1 and 2 over the summer)
GRE: 153 V, 151 Q, 4.0

Hours: 175 outpatient, 60 acute care, 30 geriatric (nursing home)

My question is:

Should I retake chem 2 or stats along with chem 1 this summer? I know it will be harder to do the 2 chem classes in 8 weeks but I am taking them at a community college... Is it worth the risk to increase my prereq GPA from a 3.4ish to a 3.5ish? Or should I go the safe route and take stats which is an easy A and improve my GPA to the 3.4ish range??

Your GPA numbers looks solid. I think when they said your GPA held you back.. It is your Chemistry courses. Try to retake both. I dont think you need to do stats to boost your GPA.