Help for PT aide interview please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dors89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying for PT school this summer and just applied for a PT aide job at a children's hospital and got an interview. Is there anyone out there that has had an interview for a PT aide job and have any tips? What questions do they typically ask? Any help at all would be awesome! I'm kind of nervous. :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Working as a PT aide for the past 2 years, the main thing I took from my job was teamwork. No one was placed above another in terms of rank for the support staff, everyone was as valuable as the next.

I know it's cliche but make sure to emphasize how great of a team player you are, because this is honestly the most important part of the job! For example, lets say you were working in a clinic and a PT asked a group of aides to help a patient to the bathroom (at my job it happened a lot), and no one volunteered... make sure to be "this person"!

Hey, what sort of experience did you two have clinically before applying to be a PT aide? Or I guess the reverse question is, how much on the job training do you get about the different exercises or whatever before being thrown into working one on one with patients?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you remember the types of questions you were asked? Thanks for the reply!

hashtagDPT, I volunteered at a PT place for almost a year where we got to work one on one with our own patients. I have never had a PT Aide job before so I'm not sure how much training you get. I know some places like to hire straight from their volunteers if they have PT aide job openings just because they know you already know how things work around their office.

hashtagDPT, I volunteered at a PT place for almost a year where we got to work one on one with our own patients. I have never had a PT Aide job before so I'm not sure how much training you get. I know some places like to hire straight from their volunteers if they have PT aide job openings just because they know you already know how things work around their office.

Yup, this is what happened. I was a volunteer and the PT liked my enthusiasm (this was before I even wanted to do PT ;) ) so she gave me a job there! I actually went to get my CNA license before this job, I almost wish you needed a CNA for the job. In some cases it was very helpful, but it really wasn't necessary since everything was on-the-job training.

So I never had an actual interview, I was just hired... I guess I lucked out in that way :p