Help for thesis!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khala Jaan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am doing my senior thesis and i have no clue what it means when they say "root debridement" and i cant find a good defn online..can anyone give me a defn that i can understand as a pre-dent :)thanks! (just a couple words-dont need details)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, i am doing my senior thesis and i have no clue what it means when they say "root debridement" and i cant find a good defn online..can anyone give me a defn that i can understand as a pre-dent :)thanks! (just a couple words-dont need details)

removing calculus/plaque from the cementum on the root surface.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scaling or root debridement, as it is technically known, is a conservative and very effective form of treatment for gum disease. In the early stages of gum disease, like gingivitis, scaling and root planning, along with an evaluation of contributing health factors that you may be causing gum disease, can be very effective and may be all that is needed to get the disease under control. Depending on the response to this treatment, further corrective surgical treatment may be indicated