HELP FORGOT something but e-submitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartangal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already e-submitted my application. I was reviewing it yesterday and realized that I forgot to put something under extra-curricular. I was on a Division 1 Gymnastics Team for 4 years while completing my undergrad, and for some reason it totally slipped my mind to put that on there. However, I wrote about it in my essay and also have a letter of recommendation from my head coach. Should I email all of the programs to inform them of this, or will they get the hint from reading my essay and my letter? HELP! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

you'll have to contact PTCAS. They are also on facebook and answer questions. I want to say that is something you can't edit, but I'm not positive. I don't think you should email all the programs just to say you were on the gymnastics team. Maybe bring that up in the interview, and you said it's in the essay.

I already checked with PTCAS. It CANNOT be edited. I just feel that it is important because it was something that required a mandatory 20 hours of my time per week for four years of undergrad, and I still managed to acquire almost 400 hours of observation and maintain a 3.66 GPA. But you are saying that you think it is fine because they will notice it in my essay?

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean they aren't going to deny/accept you because you were on the team so I don't think it's a huge deal if you forgot. I think as long as you discussed it in your essay you're fine. If you get an interview maybe that's something you can elaborate on if you want.

I think my point about that is being misunderstood. thanks for your input though.

I see where you are coming from about it being important especially if your GPA's are not super great. I am kind of in the same boat as you. I esubmitted last week on Tuesday or Wednesday. And since last week, I was hired for a rehab tech job and I got 7 new health certifications this past Monday, and ptcas will not let me add those to my application since I already esubmitted, which I feel could improve my application. I think the only thing you can really hope for is that it comes up in an interview, allowing you to explain about your commitment to gymnastics and the number of hours you put in each week.