• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

HELP! GPR Programs in NYC

keep2camel

5+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2016
  1. Dental Student
Hey everyone,
So I am currently a rising D4, and looking to do a GPR in NYC. A lot of the forums here regarding GPR's are rather outdated, and would like to get some perspective of people that have recently been through the process. What I am looking to get out of GPR is to walk out feeling confident enough to tackle most cases that come into my office. I would like a program with strong exposure to all facets of dentistry. Implants is highly preferred but not a strong "must have". Since it is nearly impossible to shadow these places, I would love it if someone can give me the pros/cons of the following programs, as well as any additional info that you might think is important:

1. NYU Lutheran (now Langone)
2. Jamaica
3. Stony Brook
4. Kings County
5. NYP Queens
6. NYP Methodist
7. Bronx Lebanon (now BronxCare)
8. Maimonidies
9. Montefiore

I would also appreciate it if you think I left out a great program!

Thanks in advance everyone!

About the Ads

jikooo

10+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2010
  1. Dentist
montefiore - as a gp, you dont much. My friends went there as last minute and hated it. Its not like you look for more and you can do more, but its just simply not in the culture to give cases to GP when other programs, omfs, is so strong and yield more money.

e00z

10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2008
They’re all pretty much the same - public hospital - Medicaid patients - so so experience. Only do it if you need to work in NY after

The only programs in NY that are worth it are VA programs - where patients have unlimited funding.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.