Help! Help! Help! Please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OroPharmD2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation

I just completed my General Chem. II class, and I am very disappointed. I have worked so hard but i came up short of getting an A. My final average was 86.78%, I needed 88%. But there is a problem. We had five homeworks and my instructor gave me credit for only four of them. As soon as i found that error out i emailed my teacher and he emailed me back saying he would look into it. It has been four days ever since, and i am not hearing from him ever since, eventhough i emailed him twice since then. That single homework is just enough to put to me in A zone. Now the grades are already posted. What should I do. please help. I am so worried since it will affect my chance of getting into Pharmacy school. I would really appericiate your input, I will provide further detail if needed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here is my situation

I just completed my General Chem. II class, and I am very disappointed. I have worked so hard but i came up short of getting an A. My final average was 86.78%, I needed 88%. But there is a problem. We had five homeworks and my instructor gave me credit for only four of them. As soon as i found that error out i emailed my teacher and he emailed me back saying he would look into it. It has been four days ever since, and i am not hearing from him ever since, eventhough i emailed him twice since then. That single homework is just enough to put to me in A zone. Now the grades are already posted. What should I do. please help. I am so worried since it will affect my chance of getting into Pharmacy school. I would really appericiate your input, I will provide further detail if needed.

Are you serious....please do not make threads about nonsence and stupid subjects such as this...a B+ and an A is not going to be the deciding factor in getting accepted into pharmacy school, especially on gen chem 2....get a life

If the professor isn't responding to your emails you should try to stop into his/her office and talk to them in person. If they're out of town you could try speaking with the department chair to see what further actions you could take.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the professor isn't responding to your emails you should try to stop into his/her office and talk to them in person. If they're out of town you could try speaking with the department chair to see what further actions you could take.

Thank you

Help! I need somebody:whistle:
Help! Not just anybody:whistle:
Help! You know I need someone:whistle:
Heeeeeeeelp!:whistle:

When I first read the title of this thread, I though the Apocalypse was near. Then I found out it wasn't so. Some people would be happy with a C and you're sweating over this B+? Oh please.

It's not a matter of sweating over earning a B+. He/she earned an A and the prof made an error. I wouldn't let it go either. Would you be happy with not getting the grade you earned?!?

Help! I need somebody:whistle:
Help! Not just anybody:whistle:
Help! You know I need someone:whistle:
Heeeeeeeelp!:whistle:

You are the funniest bastard i have ever seen...lol wait i have't seen u before

It's not like you have to quickly input grades into pharmcas anytime soon. The correct grade will come out eventually way before you apply to pharmacy schools so stop worrying. Drop by your professor's office when he's not busy and talk it out.

Here is my situation

Don't worry, the professor will correct it even after the final grade has posted, but it takes time. It happened to me last two years with physics (B instead of A). I was not able to contact my prof. because of holidays. I had to use the wrong transcript for the "Academic update window" of PharmCAS. I then contacted PharmCas to have them corrected my GPA after I got the correct transcript (two weeks after the new semester started).

Here is my situation

I would ignore those people who posted rude responses to you...

Since you already tried to contact your professor and the missing homework hasn't been addressed, if I were you, I would contact the head of the department immediately. One time I waited until after Dec. break to get a grade corrected. I was told in Jan. that the professor was no longer at the school, so I was stuck with the C. It's now 15 years later, and that "C" will bring down my gpa b/c pharmcas does count every grade. I wish I had acted urgently.

You are the funniest bastard i have ever seen...lol wait i have't seen u before

HAHAHA! I agree, I've seen Atticus's other posts and they crack me up...but Atticus don't you mean, Assistant TO THE regnional manager??? :laugh:

Anyway, I can see why these people are annoyed at this question, but I can also see why you're stressing. First off, relax! And I mean that with utmost sincerity. There's still time to change the grade and just make sure you're persistent in getting it changed!!! Even if the grade's posted, you can still change it. From what I know, it's a lot of trouble for the professor, b/c they have to petition to change the grades (or at least that's the process where I went). Don't worry, I'm sure it will work out!

And if, for whatever reason, you get stuck with a B, don't worry b/c I've gotten Bs and Cs in gchem and I've received 4 interviews in California! Good luck to you! :luck:

Dont wait till next semester to try to get a hold of the teacher. You better do it now! I was in a similar situation before but just let it go, but I shouldnt have. it was for a lit. class.
If you cant get a hold of the teacher, call the school(dean) or their secretary.

It's not a matter of sweating over earning a B+. He/she earned an A and the prof made an error. I wouldn't let it go either. Would you be happy with not getting the grade you earned?!?

Ditto, this forum amazes me sometimes. "What are you crying about? You got a B! You should be happy with a C."

Yeah well if they got an A getting a B+ is a slap in the face.

Go see the prof. in person and see whats up. I doubt they will be there this week so it will probably be after Christmas or maybe even New Years but if earned an A don't let it go.

All that aside I cannot imagine that you are applying this year since you still have at least 2 semesters of Ochem left so you don't need to be so freaked out.

If you are applying this year and this is from 2-3 semesters ago it's your own fault.