Help Help Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Metswin677

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pharmcas should recieve all my recommendations and my official transcript by August 12th. They will start processing and should be complete after about 4 weeks(correct?) That will put us at around Sept 9th. While they are processing, I will be taking my PCAT on August 21st. And that takes six weeks, and that will put us at around October 2nd. This is the point in time when pharmacy schools will have EVERYTHING they need to make a judgment on me. My question is, is this very late for a pharmacy school to review my application for Fall 2011 matriculation?

Thanks, Pat

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmcas should recieve all my recommendations and my official transcript by August 12th. They will start processing and should be complete after about 4 weeks(correct?) That will put us at around Sept 9th. While they are processing, I will be taking my PCAT on August 21st. And that takes six weeks, and that will put us at around October 2nd. This is the point in time when pharmacy schools will have EVERYTHING they need to make a judgment on me. My question is, is this very late for a pharmacy school to review my application for Fall 2011 matriculation?

Thanks, Pat

It depends if the school is rolling admissions or the school's deadline. If it's not rolling admission, and the deadline is not until, for example November 1st, it is not late. Schools like this will start reviewing applications after their deadlines.

I think all of my schools are rolling admissions. Will this lateness hurt my chance ar a rolling admission school?

Members don't see this ad :)
They might process it sooner, who knows. This is why I advise people to take the June PCAT and have their transcripts set for a "release" after Spring (or summer) grades are posted. You can set it up at the very beginning of the semester to have your transcripts sent when the grade is posted. This obviously doesn't help your situation NOW...

Anyway, PharmCAS might process your app sooner and, if they do, your schools will look at it even before your PCAT scores are sent. Someone might know more about this but I think PharmCAS will mail your app even without the PCAT scores entered. Therefore, I wouldn't worry too much. Your schools are probably going to put you in a specific pile- people that don't make the cut, people that do, people that make the cut pending PCAT score.

They might process it sooner, who knows. This is why I advise people to take the June PCAT and have their transcripts set for a "release" after Spring (or summer) grades are posted. You can set it up at the very beginning of the semester to have your transcripts sent when the grade is posted. This obviously doesn't help your situation NOW...

Anyway, PharmCAS might process your app sooner and, if they do, your schools will look at it even before your PCAT scores are sent. Someone might know more about this but I think PharmCAS will mail your app even without the PCAT scores entered. Therefore, I wouldn't worry too much. Your schools are probably going to put you in a specific pile- people that don't make the cut, people that do, people that make the cut pending PCAT score.
Sheesh, I hope this lateness isnt gonna kill my chances. Im really hoping to get accepted to Jefferson Pharmacy in Philly