HELP! I am confused!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlemaza

Reaction score
Hello guys! I want to give Step 1 exams around December. I began studying since 2 months through BnB and Pathoma. I will be very happy, if someone could tell me , if 9 months is enough and which studying program should I follow in order to achieve my goal?

I am really confused and sometimes I can't concentrate and want to give up.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, def enough time.
BnB has awesome questions now.

For BnB Promo code / Discount , use code: FH_VNNIH4VN_2

It is definitely worth it. Invest in your future.

Hi! Yes 9 months is plenty of time. A good method is to use BnB as the primary source of learning the material, then use Sketchy/Pathoma to reinforce the Micro/Path/Pharm. Can also use First Aid to review as you go along as well. Alongside videos, you should integrate practice questions (ideally UWorld, but given you have 9 months, it would be wise to use another question bank as well), review those carefully, and make flashcards or take notes on high yield concepts that the questions have identified as your weaknesses.

With this much study time, it's also important not to burn yourself out. Best of luck!

- Darius, Elite Medical Prep tutor

Hi! Yes 9 months is plenty of time. A good method is to use BnB as the primary source of learning the material, then use Sketchy/Pathoma to reinforce the Micro/Path/Pharm. Can also use First Aid to review as you go along as well. Alongside videos, you should integrate practice questions (ideally UWorld, but given you have 9 months, it would be wise to use another question bank as well), review those carefully, and make flashcards or take notes on high yield concepts that the questions have identified as your weaknesses.

With this much study time, it's also important not to burn yourself out. Best of luck!

- Darius, Elite Medical Prep tutor
Hello! Thank you for your help! Why should I not use UWorld?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Thank you for your help! Why should I not use UWorld?

You should. But with 9 months there’s not enough questions even if you do it twice and you’d be paying a lot more because I think UWorld is per...3 months?You want to do UWorld at least at moderate intensity, so you develop the appropriate mental stamina and testing skills. So it’s best left for the last 2-3 months. At 9 months, you can do at least 3 banks. So if cost isn’t an issue, consider starting on something like Kaplan or USMLE Rx while you’re going through BnB.

You should. But with 9 months there’s not enough questions even if you do it twice and you’d be paying a lot more because I think UWorld is per...3 months?You want to do UWorld at least at moderate intensity, so you develop the appropriate mental stamina and testing skills. So it’s best left for the last 2-3 months. At 9 months, you can do at least 3 banks. So if cost isn’t an issue, consider starting on something like Kaplan or USMLE Rx while you’re going through BnB.
Οkay! Thank you very much for your help! I am doing BnB - firstly I see the videos- and in the end I begin with the questions of BnB. I think to do another USMLE Rx etc. when I will be ready with BnB... Is this a good idea?

Οkay! Thank you very much for your help! I am doing BnB - firstly I see the videos- and in the end I begin with the questions of BnB. I think to do another USMLE Rx etc. when I will be ready with BnB... Is this a good idea?
Sounds solid. Keep the plan simple and pace yourself. 2 months was enough for me to hate life at just 8-9 hours an hour lol. Do whatever it takes to not burn out.