HeLP! i maDE A MisTAke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snaggletoof

Have Faith
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
omg, i was reading over my personal statement for the 50th time, but the first time after i submitted and i made a spelling error. i spelled dental caries, carries. i added an extra r. wtf am i going to do. im going to jump. :barf:

Members don't see this ad.

omg, i was reading over my personal statement for the 50th time, but the first time after i submitted and i made a spelling error. i spelled dental caries, carries. i added an extra r. wtf am i going to do. im going to jump. :barf:

How are your stats?

Oh well, I'm sure the people reading it read it fast since they read many of them and won't notice 1 spelling mistake or won't care much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh well, I'm sure the people reading it read it fast since they read many of them and won't notice 1 spelling mistake or won't care much.

i think you are right undergrad, but even so. how did i mess up. i am so upset, i cant get it off my mind.

I'm sure you'll be fine. They go through hundreds of thousands of applications. One extra "r" isn't going to make or break your application.

I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you didn't type your entire essay in the same style as the thread name.

I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you didn't type your entire essay in the same style as the thread name.

haha divided, thanks! no i didnt, only 1 dumb mistake and it had to be about dentistry.

I'm sure you'll be fine. They go through hundreds of thousands of applications. One extra "r" isn't going to make or break your application.

thanks hopeful, im trying to get over it.

OP, don't worry about it. It's nothing like what my fellow Ph.D friend did. My friend in Ph.D. program wrote I would like to go to "A so and so " University for his personal statement when it was a personal statement specifically for "B so and so" University. He of course didn't get an interview to the school he misreport but got accepted everywhere else.

have you at least tried calling AADSAS to see maybe if they can fix your error for you? I did the same thing last year and they were nice enough to let me fix 2 places :)

Members don't see this ad :)
have you at least tried calling AADSAS to see maybe if they can fix your error for you? I did the same thing last year and they were nice enough to let me fix 2 places :)

omg peerless, was it in your ps!

Dental school is going to be a bigger roller coaster for you than most if you fret this much over ONE typo. I honestly doubt they will even bat an eye at it, they read so many personal statements, I can't imagine any adcom would write to the side "Note: this applicant misspelled a word. Use extreme caution."

Dental school is going to be a bigger roller coaster for you than most if you fret this much over ONE typo. I honestly doubt they will even bat an eye at it, they read so many personal statements, I can't imagine any adcom would write to the side "Note: this applicant misspelled a word. Use extreme caution."

haha! thanks super, you're right! i've calmed down about it now

I missed a whole word in my ps last cycle if that helps ;). Funny thing is I think they didn't even read my ps, or at least not far enough to see the missing word.

omg peerless, was it in your ps!

One in my personal statement and one in EC section when I typed dnetle instead of dental. :laugh: Ya I was freaken out like you did when I realize the errors but hey, everything turned out fine. It'll be ok!!

RELAX, Breathe.

If you're that worked up over one R, what are you going to do when you accidentally spray water on a patients face? Nervous breakdown?

RELAX, Breathe.

If you're that worked up over one R, what are you going to do when you accidentally spray water on a patients face? Nervous breakdown?

:laugh:

To snaggletoof, that small typo won't make a difference I don't think.

Besides, it relates to a dental procedure, and you're not a trained dentist yet anyway. :p

If you try to edit it, you may end up screwing up your entire application.

:laugh:

To snaggletoof, that small typo won't make a difference I don't think.

Besides, it relates to a dental procedure, and you're not a trained dentist yet anyway. :p

If you try to edit it, you may end up screwing up your entire application.

Sweet! The Twins' logo's back!

i would not worry about this at all. it's nothing; serious.

thanks everyone, except for THINKOFMYFUTURE. im over it and have moved on!!!